Friday, July 29, 2005

July 29, 2005


It was just a comment he made in passing (that my Pastor made as I listened on my CD player while cleaning out the office in my house) but I remembered it as being poignant as I heard him say it and I recalled it again later. Then I wrote it down even later, and while I slept it's sweet aroma nestled by my nose and I caught it's sweet fragrance.

"God isn't going to accomplish His work by the energies of the flesh."

Galatians 3 confirms it, but as I laid in bed that next morning trying to squeeze out a few more moments of lingering solitude on my soft bed between the warm sheets, I caught myself wishing that it were not true. I wish something I could do would accomplish God's work. Like the little drummer boy who could at least play his drum for Him.

Well, there is something that I can do, sort of. Stay connected. Stay tapped in to the Source and let Him use me for what He wants, when and how. Even though that is something that I can "do," it isn't a work of the flesh. It is a work of the spirit. That is okay, because by the works of the flesh no man will be justified.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 11:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home