Saturday, July 30, 2005

July 30, 2005


I'm so glad that Jesus didn't die on the cross to put my circumstances on earth in order. I'm so glad that God's highest aim for me is not to get all of my paperwork done. I'm relieved that when I think it would be best for me to be a hermit and stick my head in paperwork all day, God has another plan. He put me into a family for a reason. What I come up with all on my own isn't best for me. God knows what is best for me.

Today, I only got a little fraction of the things I done that I wanted to do(see my entry early in this day) but I am content with what did get done. Today, I found blessings in places that were not completely convenient. I spent some of the day assisting my 11 year-old to clean out her room - i.e. "deep cleaning" - and in the process placed a pleasure and an ability in her heart for deep cleaning her room? Well, perhaps somewhat because early in the day, it all seemed so overwhelming to her. We broke the room into separate, more manageable tasks. By the end of the day (she took a lot of breaks, long breaks at times), she had a diligence and an ease with which she worked that gave me pleasure. But I think more importantly, I just related to her. We shared a relationship today. It was centered around breaking through stuff gathered through a year or more of hoarding. Other blessings centered around relationships with other family members. There was also the simple but devine pleasure of being lifted above the everyday cares and circumstances. I am free, and when the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.

God is building an eternal church whose home is not in this world. In the end, He isn't going to save the planet, just some of the people in it. Our new home will be with Him in heaven. And there my treasures will be - "for where your treasures are, there will your heart be also."

Prayer: Thank You for lifting my cares above the cares of everyday life and circumstances. Thank You that You reign far above the world and Your purposes for me are eternal and beyond what I could ask or think or imagine. Help us to stay in Your will and to seek the things above, where Christ is. Bless each one who has read this with Your presence that You know, You understand, You care and You provide. You are the Great Provider. We love You.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:02 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home