Monday, August 01, 2005

August 1, 2005


Dear Lord:

I need to align myself to what You're wanting to do in my life today, to what You are already doing. I need to align myself to You. To open myself up to You, Your power and Your presence. Please direct me in my activities, who I speak with, where I go,what I say. Select those specific things for me to do with the time that You've alloted for me today. Be with my circumstances, that they would be favorable, but transform my mind that I would not be enticed by them, as though they were what I was serving. I know that You have chosen me to be a relational person - a wife, a mother, a doctor, a friend. Let me carry out those duties with the ease of an easy yoke, for Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light. Let my light so shine before men, that they may see Your good works through me and might glorify You in heaven. (I altered the words in that verse a bit, I believe the correct verse is "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify my Father who is in heaven." Shine, Jesus shine. Shine through me and let it be like a sweet aroma and fragrance that You work through me. Let my day not be a burden to me, but make my moving through this day today be as though I were walking through air. When my cirsumstances are favorable, or if they are not, let my eye be single and focused upon You. Let my sufficiency be found in You, for You alone satisfy. In You I am sustained. You are my hope and my sufficiency.

Jesus, show me Your direction today, where You are working and let me enter in. Let me not be second guessing all the time. Let me not be burdened with the things of this world or with trying to know details, let me just walk in You. Let me not over-analyze how one walks, but just let me walk. What You want to do is greater than what I am able to figure out or put my finger on. What You want to do in my life is bigger than I am able to control.

Lord, help me to care about the things You care about - the PEOPLE that You care about. Help me from being discouraged, for in this world is overwhelming discouragment, but in You is a fresh new day, where Your mercies are new every morning. Help us to strive after You, like Paul did, in Your Spirit, with Your purpose, with Your direction and for Your glory. For our time here is short, and the moments fleet away like whisps off a dandelion. Make what we do count for eternity. Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home