Friday, June 06, 2008

Lambie


To be a Friend of God.
To be ...a Friend of God.

I want to be a Friend of God.

Imagine such a thing! To be a Friend of God!

"Be happy, Abraham, I am Your Great Reward!"

I am happy. He is my great reward. He has pity and mercy upon me because He knows that I am but dust and my heart tends to be divided. But as simple as drawing a line in the sand, so my heart is not divided. Because I ask Him to cleanse me from a divided heart and He grants to me a pure heart. At this time.

Take my divided heart, oh God. Of course I want You. My only Reward. My only Savior. My only Redeemer. The One who is for me, from the beginning until the end of time. The One who looks after my back. The One who knit me in secret within my mother's womb and who rests Your secret head upon my chest, who knows every thought before it enters my restless mind. You are my Friend that comforts me. You are there for when my heart hurts because it was not formed properly and has pains that others cannot help. That is why You are there. Yet You allow me to love other people and you give them to me also, in such a kind and generous way. You have taken that which was tossed aside and said, "this is priceless."

You are the only worthy goal of my vision, yet my aim is not to You alone, as it should be. But You will not let me go and remind me right away, that I am not my own. I am Your happy bond slave. Then I say, "oh, I remember, how foolish of me." I am Your happy sheep! I am your little lambie that You hold and will not let go.

Oh yes, and I have these prayers too. What were they again? Well, how about to know You. To serve You. To be a fool for Christ's sake. To count it all loss. To remember that, "it is finished." My Lord has bled and died for me. And I rest upon His monument of grace. There is joy here. It is a secret intoxication and satisfaction. Silly and happy and God's friend. Having counted everything else out and having concluded, I'll choose Christ.

What is man that Thou art mindful of him? The son of man that Thou dost care for him?" It is a mystery. He creates seemingly great abilities and then is honored when we realize our foolishness. It is the child who asks the basic and good questions. Like the mental health worker who asked at the hospital meeting, "Well, can't you do something different for the patient so he doesn't keep coming back?" Like, basic.

Oh Lord, You use the foolish to profound the wise. "Who has known the mind of the Lord and who has been His counselor? Yet, we have the mind of Christ."

I can't remember the rest of the prayer list, like the specifics. But You remember Lord, and I lift those things up to You too.

Loving You Lord is kind of like falling. Falling backwards and knowing You are there.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:32 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Falling backward and knowing he is there! Amen sister! love to pray with you! My heart echos yours...

3:50 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

this was a wonderful post, I too desire to be all He wants me to be, to know Him for who He really is, to seek Him in everything I do, to recognize His hand in all of creation.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's there to catch us when we fall. that's so reassuring.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home