Friday, August 10, 2007

Life is odd


Life is hard. Some parts are great. Smooth sailing ahead when, "I have learned the secret to be content in any circumstance." Paul of the Bible said that. I feel that way sometimes.

Yesterday was good at work but long. Home was difficult. My children for the most part are disrespectful. I think that it is reasonable to expect that they are respectful. I don't like making excuses for their behavior, or hearing those excuses.

Work was good in that what I got to do and who I got to do it with and what I got to create was great. I was long though and I have so much work on my desk to do right now.

"Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding. In all of thine ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths."

Dear Father,
Be with my husband and family today. Be with work. Though the storms at sea seem real and the waters appear rough, You can make my boat sail smoothly, because circumstances do not dictate what You are doing as if You are tossed by the world. You hold the world together. Therefore, be God in my life and in the circumstances of my life. Right now provide the mind of Christ for me and enable me to respond to my world from the location of seated far above in the heavenly realm in Christ, where I am seated in Christ Jesus. I give You the power and locus of control in my life! You are faithful and You do all things well! Amen

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:24 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I try to be like Paul, content in all circumstances, but I haven't reached that yet. I think the heart that is always striving to find that contentment in Him, finds favor with the Lord. To pray "thy will be done" and really mean it is key to Christian growth. One day at a time, till we see Jesus face to face...what a day that will be!!
Till then, we stay faithful....
Blessings!

9:50 AM  
Blogger heiresschild said...

hi, i'm coming via pia's blog. you have a beautiful blog. being content in whatever state we find ourselves in--definitely a lot easier said than done, but i'm learning a little every day. sometimes i have to break my day down and take it hour-by-hour, and minute-by-minute. may God continue to bless you and your family with all that He has for you.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

amen to Him doing ALL things well! Hang in there...things will smooth out a bit in time...learning curves..soooo stressfull! Kids pick up on the stress too...not excusing their behavior, mind you..:)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sista Cala said...

There's a Ray Boltz song that says: "The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered. The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn."

As long as you are anchored to Christ, He will see you through.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't change the wind, but you can adjust the sails.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home