Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jesus Commands my Destiny


'Til He returns, or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand. Here I'll stand. In Christ alone."

I'm listening to Avalon, "In Christ Alone." Oh my, Oh yeah.

I haven't been sleeping a lot lately. 5-6 hours isn't enough for me, sometimes less, or more. I get worried about it sometimes, until I know and remember that God will give me all the strength that I need. I don't need too much of my own strength, my own energy. When I am physically weak, when I am emotionally frail, Christ can be strong.

"When fears are stilled, when strivings cease."

Important meetings today.

"Scorned by the ones he came to save."

I am blessed. I am not scorned. Yet let me not relax and begin to look to men for my comfort or reward. May God burst forth and bless my every meeting, my every conversation, seasoned with salt and a wonder to behold, that Christ is alive and works through me. That Jesus is my friend. May those who know my strength experience the life of Christ through me. May God be glorifed, and may He do what He wants. May my purpose be His, and His alone. My life yeilded for Him, spilled out. May He bless the hospital through me and may God alive come and may my boss, who knows my Hope, see the life of Christ literally transform the hospital and her day today.

"For every sin in Him was laid."

"There in the ground, His body laid... Then bursting forth in glorious day, up from the grave, He rose again. And as He stands in victory...For I am His and He is mine, bought with the precious blood of Christ."

"No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me, from life's first cry, to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny."

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:28 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

He does command our destiny...we are hidden in Him... all things died that day on the cross and were buried with Him...only He was raised to new life...and we who are in Him...

12:32 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Keep getting your strength and encouragement from Him. His promises are true and His ways never change. People can let us down; God doesn't.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home