Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Do you feel like an idiot?


I feel like an idiot when I care about something and put my heart out there and feel like I am all alone out there. Do you ever feel that way? Do you know what I mean?

It's like. It's like I am an out-front sort-of person. Life is too short to ignore what I am feeling, so I like to put it out there. Like you know, this blog for example. It is easier to say what is on my mind that to not to do that. And in life, it is easier to care about someone that you care about than not to. It is easier to go for something than not to.

But then. There it is. The idiot spectacle. Like you're the only one that has shown up to that party. Wearing the funny get-up. Like you're the one who said the joke that nobody else laughed at. All alone. Ha, ha. Funny. Right.

I read something great in the Bible tonight. It is located in Ephesians. It says that we have "boldness and confident assess through faith in Christ." You know, I suppose that is talking about boldness and confident assess to God through Jesus. I'd have to go back and revisit the text. However, even if the text was speaking about that more limited situation, there is also the verse in Proverbs that speaks of "the righteous are as bold as a lion."

There is a part of me that is running hard and I just don't want to trip onto my big face. I don't want to regret and live in hesitancy, but I don't want to be an idiot either.

I know! It is time for a prayer!!!!!!!

"My Great and Perfect Heavenly Father God in heaven who hears me and loves me:

Father God, you know the exact situation that happened this evening to which I am referring. I pray in Jesus name, that You, dear Father, would bless my words and my thoughts that I put forth this evening in Your Son's name. Help me not to look overly emotional or unbalanced. Help that You would put out of the recipient’s mind anything that the devil would try to put in there and You, dear Father would protect our communication. Father. Commune. Communication - bless that between the recipient and I tonight in Jesus name. Let that person see the love of Christ and not be afraid of You and to step out in boldness and receive the love of the Father and the peace that comes from obedience. Father, let those who are reading this blog pray along with me and may You hear their prayers on my behalf and reward them specifically in heaven. Father, for this recipient, please enable that person to not be disobedient to Your vision, Your plan and Your ways and method. Also, Father please help me to be patient and calm and waiting and not frightening to the recipient. Rather, let our communication be as water to a thirst and calm to a rough sea. Help me to be the way You want. Please bless my ability to be the specific type of worker that You would have me to be. Please further Your cause tonight and bless me specifically in this communication as she thinks about what I have said. In Jesus' name and for His glory. Amen”

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:08 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Father,
I bring before your throne this child of yours whom you dearly love. You hear the concerns of her heart, Lord I pray that right now you would instill your perfect peace and it would flood her very being. May she feel your presence surround her and may she walk in confidence knowing that her Heavenly Father walks each step before her and only desires the best for His children
In Jesus name...amen

5:13 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

I will pray for you and who you spoke with. God is bigger than that situation and He is opening doors, strengthening you up, making you bolder and working in the hearts of those you speak to.

I love the way you write because you are so open and real, no hypocrisy or pride. I felt a little the way you did last night when, once again, I tried to open up with someone who will not accept the Lord. I thought I found the right words, and as soon as I spoke and detected his body language, I knew it wasn't working. God's word is foolishness to the world, as the Bible says, because it can only be spiritually understood. It speaks to the heart and a hard heart is not ready to hear it or understand it. I'm working on softening his heart, living the message, rather than preaching it. I also need to work on myself, to be a better example of a Christian woman, regardless of what others think.

I prayed your prayer for myself as well. It was right on target.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Amen, Lord!
and I might add..that for YOU it is easier to be all out front..:) not for everyone..LOL

7:28 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

The world needs honesty too. I feel like one almost daily. : ) Hugs to you Ordinary.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In answer to your question - yes, I feel like an idiot for the same reason quite often! Wonderful blog you have here. And you're a neighbor! I hardly know ANY bloggers from CA!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi andrea. may God give you exactly what you need in your situation now. God bless you as always.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Sista Cala said...

If...you fall, He will pick you up.
I am praying for you.

12:53 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Thank you dear siblings in Christ!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home