Sunday, April 29, 2007

There is no need to grab what He gives freely.


I'm getting ready for church now.

You ever think about how when life is really, really hard, it is a time that God is changing your boat in a different direction and it hurts and it is scary? I had a hard time last fall and winter with some financial issues and it was really a problem over my trying to manipulate my husband and a problem over making assumptions about what I thought that was right.

In the end I changed. I changed as I was flat out day after day before the Lord crying with my guts inside out, "Abba Father!" He told me that everything was going to be all right. He was going to bring our family into a new land, a new place where we would not be a curse but a blessing and I needed to keep my working hands strong. He spoke to me through His Word and prayer, not directly really but indirectly. I believed Him and He was able to open my mind to new ideas and concepts.

A new idea is that God has a plan for my life and it does include working and working hard and strong for Him and there is nothing wrong with that.

It is amazing as I witnessed a woman at the hospital scold her daughter yesterday because she was at "my job" (her words) and she needed to ask her father to take her or pick her up from where ever she was. The child wasn't able to find the father and was calling the mother. I felt the rejection and confusion of the daughter, just looking for the parent to help her and the conflict between the parents as to who was going to care about this little detail and the possession of the woman with her job. I felt sad for them and prayed for them a little. I felt SO BLESSED that I don't have ANY of those problems and I don't have a little Saturday job. I have a huge job with a lot of responsibilities where you would think there would be more “grabbiness” and possession of "my job." The Lord has paved the way. There is no need to grab what He gives freely.

Lord, I pray that You would clear the way for my path and sustain me in whatever You would have me to do. I give You my money, my family, my time and my job and thank You SO MUCH that You have so blessed me. I really enjoy how I spend my time and thank You for opening the door. I never would have imagined. You are such a creative God!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:10 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Amen, sister...I'm praying with you...you are such a blessing to me...you'll never know how much.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

You have a wonderful level of trust and faith in the Lord. I can see Him shine through you. It's awesome!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home