Friday, April 27, 2007

Today so far


Today so far I heard the following Bible messages. "Let your light so shine before men that they see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." I remember when I was a new Christian and read that on a book mark and I almost looked around the room wondering if other people saw what I saw as I read that. It was an amazing thing to me. Also about that same time, as a youth, the Lord gave me a song, but again, there was that amazement, "Is God sending me a message?" This morning while exercising I listened to it a few times. It is called, "Vienna waits for you," where the title says it all. (It is about the fact that you don't have to strive to get there. The "hidden" meaning is that just as in Vienna, a town of great and famous composers, it doesn't matter when you are born, or how fast you work, because the work is exceptional, it will be honored, so don't try to rush the whole deal. I'm not a great composer, but the point is the point, even on a lesser scale.) Also, this morning twice by two separate ways, the same message of realizing that before God, there is no fame on earth, no great glory. Everything will end here on earth and in heaven it is a whole new system. So don't think you are somebody when you are not. Finally, do not do your righteous acts before men to be seen by men but do your righteous acts before your Father to be seen by Him. Yesterday I was really struck by the issue of family, and that theme also continued into this morning also. I am wondering how the Lord may use my inability to adopt a boy or boys last year by transferring some of that bitterness of that loss into an ability to "adopt" and care for people in a family of a work place and at a hospital where people without families are stuggling to get care. Same heart of a Father, of a mother, of me. Lord, let it be.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home