Monday, April 09, 2007

The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower and She that Runs into Him is Safe


I woke up this morning and kept saying that to myself (see title above).

You know, isn't it interesting all of the people who aren't interested in the things of God? Don't they think? Don't they realize that it is all going to end and they are going to stand before a Living God? Today's activities are the foundation for our future life in eternity! It is important!

Anyway, when I got home from my little, but long, trip yesterday, I was filled with the emotions of Genesis 3:16. That is, the feeling that my husband is really annoying. That I can't keep giving to everyone. (Hold your applause.)

I know that God has pushed me to be going in the way that I am going and that He has prepared beforehand certain works that I am to walk in.

Yesterday morning in the plane, before I got home, I was reading in Oswald Chambers that when we know God's nature, and when our life intersects God's nature, and we understand that nature as it pertains to us and our service to Him, then we are in a position to receive from Him His power and His enabling to do the work of service unto Him. And in that position, we are actually doing God's work and not simply acting in of ourselves to do what we think a God might like from our flesh.

Therefore, I don't really expect others to appreciate or understand that God is instructing me, so to speak, to do things for God that do not make sense from a common sense logical "Christendom" perspective, because the things I do, do not make sense to my logic. But I feel compelled that what I do is from God and He expects me to fulfill certain duties.

Contained within these duties is being a leader in the hospital where I work and being a leader in my home to be the worker that God has called me to do. I want to be a leader and God, I believe, has called me to be a leader also. Not to be a leader in the sense of a self-entitled witch who demands certain behavior changes in my husband and family members. Oh no. I suppose that would be easy, or at least that appears to be the natural flow of things.

I am to be a leader who waits upon the Lord for His fulfillment of His nature to be found in the members of this household. A leader who stands firm, not persuaded by fleeting emotions from the pit of hell or from the pit of my flesh. A leader who does what she can to maintain the best perspective, the accurate perspective that all things are working together for the good because I love God, because I am the called according to His good pleasure.

You know, images are important. Images on TV sell. Drink Coke. Got Milk? Mom puts forth certain images too. That she is the same today, yesterday and forever, in Christ. That she is always loving, all patient, and always kind. It's hard but it's important. It isn't always possible, but today I am hanging in there, maintaining the image that is an accurate reflection of God Himself, in so much as it depends upon me to carry it forth, yet not of myself but of God, as I hide in His tower of His name, the tower of strength.

So I yield and let God be God. I work my work and pull up my boot straps and go. I don't look where I just get discouraged, but I look unto Him who is worthy. For today.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:51 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

One day at a time...that's really all we have...the moment when time and eternity intersect..its "now"

10:41 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

You hit on such a truth about leadership and your role as wife and mother, and also in your job. The image that you present as an ambassador of Christ isn't always verbal - its also in our actions. Good for you to see things so clearly - I think you've got what it takes to be that leader that God has called you to be!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home