Thursday, March 29, 2007

God Alone (Part 1) and My Husband (Part 2)


All alone, Lord, all alone
I serve you all alone
I kneel before your throne,
And I serve you
all alone.

I run by Your side
Or is it You
That runs by me?

I look to You
And You marvel back at me
Your grace is unknowable
You are a Friend to me

You are my Lord,
That is plain to see,
You are my passion,
my fragrance,
the power that is unleashed in me

Oh no!
Not of myself!
Not of my needs
You are the power
I find on my knees

You see the weakness in me
You take pity upon my frailty
You transform my mind
You create the life in me

So I will yield to You
And I will live
I will submit before You
You are Who I need

I come to You my Redeemer and Friend
Cleanse me now and let me see
the smallness of my ways
and the greatness of Thee

You share Your glory with no other
You are not pleased with me
Nor with anything I can do of myself
So live Your life though me

Live in me, Lord and sing
Dance Your jig with me
Satisfy my inward parts
With the truth of Thy word
And Your mere sufficiency

Nothing else do I want
Nothing else do I need
Forgive me for looking elsewhere
I pluck the eye out of me

Lay me bare and forsaken
Remove the “best” of my flesh
Reduce me to the ashes
And from there,
Lift me to nobility

For You alone are God
For You alone chose thrones
You alone see
and You alone determine victories

You alone create
And You alone kill
You alone wound
You alone heal

Take these bare bones
Remove the flesh from me
Give me strength in Your might
And I will stand
For all eternity

Andrea Bates 3-29-07

Part 2

My husband

My husband has fallen in love with me
I caught him looking at me
With a way only a woman knows to be
His heart is captivated
He's caught a spell of my mystery
He's held in God's grace
For there a man is gifted
When He recieves a woman from Thee

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:30 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wonderful post, very transparent. Hope all the children are fine and sounds like you and the husband are doing wonderfully. God bless you today, may God's peace rest upon you.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Dropped in to say "Hi" and (((HUGS))). Seems like things are going well for you. May God continue to bless you and yours!:-)

God's Grace.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Beautiful! How blessed we are to have both a heavenly and an earthly husband in love with us

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home