Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This is it


"We fight not against flesh and blood."

"Stand firm therefore."

I love the verses in the Bible that speak about working hard and letting your hands be strong, and about having your work rewarded. I never ran into so many verses like that.

It is such an encouragement when I know that God is with me.

I like the verses in Ephesians that speak of being filled up with the fullness of God. In Christ, we can carry out His purpose in our lives.

I like remembering that I am a creation of His. I do not have any innate Spiritual capacity. I am poor in Spirit. I am a clay pot. I am His vessel. Everything is for Him and to Him and by Him. Anything apart from Him is just silly, at its best - worthless.

So carry on in the fullness of Christ, dear Friends, for our redemption is drawing near!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:22 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

so encouraging! yes, we are empty with out Him and useless without Him..we can do nothing without Him...that means nothing! All things are by Him and for Him and to Him...thank you!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Great post! Sometimes I feel I am not only a clay pot, but a cracked clay pot that only the potter can restore. He is the potter and I am His clay. Like the song says - I want Him to mold me into something pleasing.
Blessings!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

He can do amazing things when He works through us, much more than we can do on our own. The key is to acknowledge Him and follow Him because whether we want to accept it or not, He is...He was...and always will be...in charge.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Anything apart from Him is build on sand. And we know what happens to that building! :-)

God's Grace.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home