Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Faith is the reality


Today when I went to Starbucks there was a laminated card that someone had placed on a table. It was a track about the salvation of Jesus Christ. The version of the Bible had the famous quotation from that Hebrews verse that goes (according to my remembrance of the familiar rendition): “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the essence of things not yet seen.” The version on the card that was left on the table went something like this: “Faith is the reality…” I thought about that repeatedly throughout the day today. “Faith is the reality.” Faith is reality. Reality is not the things we see. Reality is the things God sees. See with the eyes of God. That is our challenge today. The things that are difficult help us to exercise our spiritual eyes, as we strain to see Him. As we realize we need Him. As we try to embrace Him to help us.

“Praise, praise we lift our hearts and praise, praise,” as a familiar song goes. Sometimes it is easier than other times. But all times are in His hands. Good times and bad times, but in His hands all things are made into good because God has a plan for our lives. A Plan for good and not for harm.

So we need to trust in Him. Those things that break us, break us and hurt us, but He lifts us up again. When He lifts us we are more refined, more pure, more golden and are lives are a greater reflection of who He is. He is pleased. We are becoming transformed into His image. Our minds are being renewed. He smiles. “Well done.” Can’t you hear it? Don’t you want to hear it? Let your life go and fall into the mighty and holy and capable arms of the living God. Let the cry of the depth of your heart be, “Catch me, here I collapse as all of my strength is released into the trust of who You are.”

So let us give ourselves to the task at hand. Let us run and labor with our whole strength in Him, yet not of ourselves but the strength of God in us. Let us hold the plow and not look back. When God chooses you and brings you to a new point, when He has chosen to define you in such a way that is pleasing to Him, don’t turn back and look at yourself in any other way again.

You are His workmanship. He sees us as we really are, pure and blameless in the Beloved. Obey the minute you hear His voice and do what He says with first time obedience. Do not spurn the grace of God.

Blessings to you all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:31 PM

10 Comments:

Blogger Ileana said...

I'm reading Swindoll's book on the life of David. I remember how tough it was for him with Saul on his back trying to kill him. All the while, David reaches to the Lord for strength and comfort and he makes it. This prepares him to become king.

We have to go through the dark, lonely places without the crutches of this world, but with our faith in God, so he can take us to greater heights. I'm convinced of that. That's where I found my faith.

4:02 AM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

"Reality is not the things we see. Reality is the things God sees".

Worth repeating!

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea,

Not many times do I read a post which means as much as this one of yours.

I have been pondering these things in my heart for weeks, but haven't put words to them.

I am particularly energized right now and ready to take on whatever He asks of me. I pray that He WILL smile and say, "Well done!"

Thanks for sharing your heart. You're an amazing woman.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

What He sees is the true reality isn't it? what we see with our human eyes isn't real at all...
i love thee lines you wrote...
"When God chooses you and brings you to a new point, when He has chosen to define you in such a way that is pleasing to Him, don’t turn back and look at yourself in any other way again.
You are His workmanship. He sees us as we really are, pure and blameless in the Beloved."
Thank you...

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sista Cala said...

Thank you for another fine post.

In Him, we are STEADFAST and UNMOVEABLE. Our labors are not in vain. He rewards those who persevere in the Truth.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Goody said...

As I read your post, I looked into your heart and there I saw Jesus. I saw that he is your life and the faith that you have is his. He is pleased. Thank you sister.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Wonderful post! God bless you!

5:48 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Blessings to you in the name of Jesus, thank you, friends.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

great post!!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight of all nights this meant so much to me. "Let your life go and fall into the mighty and holy and capable arms of the living God. Let the cry of the depth of your heart be, “Catch me, here I collapse as all of my strength is released into the trust of who You are.”
I can collaps for He is my strenght, He is my Trust.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home