Wednesday, August 03, 2005

August 3, 2005


I'm afraid that there isn't much "dry humor" contained within. I suppose that is because I am not actually communicating with anyone, since I don't think that anybody has actually "discovered" this site. I did tell my good friend about it. I didn't tell anyone else, well, I guess that I didn't want to promote myself, (i.e. "Ordinary" Christian). I was hoping that some people would drop by and be encouraged or something, kind of want to return. But I'm afraid that I am like in the middle of the mountains that are hard to get to, so to speak. That is alright though, because I am just sort-of getting started into the flow of things, and having no one actually read anything, helps me to, well, have more preparation practice. I am not exactly sure what I am practicing for, except perhaps practicing the presence of God. Maybe someday people will read this site, and then I will be used to practicing the presence of God while I'm here, rather than focusing on people, like it should be in regular life, like I'm trying to make it to be in regular life.

I think people would be surprised, well not those who know me well perhaps, but day to day work people would be surprised to know just how much I depend upon God and how much He helps me. My Mom did say recently, "well, I know - I can see - how much God has helped you and been with you in your life," or words to that effect. I have been a Christian 21 years. That is a long time to have your mother finally make a conclusionary statement like that about all of your adult years, as she is reaching the end of all of her adult years. And so that's great when people, after all these years, reach a conclusion that - yes - God has been present and helpful, but there isn't that much they can do about it then. I mean, my mother can give the rest of her days to Him, as can my other relatives, and that would be great, but what about all of the years they can never get back that they didn't give to Him? What about the fact that almost all my relative may simply make the statement to themselves that - yes, "perhaps God has helped her" - and then go on. Their final few gasps of this life just moments or a few decades away. Then face to face with God. Scary.

When one does turn though, they're usually just so grateful to have turned that they may not regret the years they missed much; like the guy next to Jesus on the next cross. You know I was thinking, he was Jesus' only encourager that day. Peter rejected Him and the disciples turned away, at least in part, but that criminal was Jesus' witness and glorified Jesus and I bet comforted Him that day. Jesus sure was - is - a Friend of sinners. As the years go by and I grow in the Lord, I'd like to still identify as the crying worshipper at Jesus' feet who blessed His feet in tears and wiped them with her hair - the sinner who loves much because she was forgiven much.

Oh yeah, "dry humor," well, perhaps it will come out sometime. God bless you (I say in faith)!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:32 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I enjoyed this post. Great reflection, I often regret the years I didn't know the Lord. I am so blessed!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home