Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sept. 1,2005


God that is the same yesterday, tomorrow and forever,
God that is Lord of my life today,
God that is majestic and perfect,
God that is never mocked,
God of New Orleans
And God of me:
Things will be different for me now,
Because things are different in this world around me,
Life has changed again
And inside are pieces of me
that are trying to settle through
the changes that I'm going through
And where are the prayer boats?
And where are the tears for them?
And how is it I'm going on
and talking,
carrying on with the job and the kids and the mail
when an entire city has been drown and the bodies are floating and what am I doing
and how am I coping
and what will we all do tomorrow?
And so with all this on my mind,
And my Bible's been less-opened,
I thought about how hungry I am
For a good hour on my knees,
But how undeserving also,
'cause my city's not flooded,
'cause my stomach is full,
'cause my family is well,
so I guess I feel a little guilty cause I've got so many blessings,
But this is how You blessed me still:
You gave me a verse that I wasn't looking for that spoke precisely to a situation that's been bothering me, and it came with a promise too. Then You spoke to me again about something else,
And I know,
You're my God,
the same yesterday, today and forever,
the God of all of me.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:47 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Oh yes, I'm with you on all of that! Incredibly written. So honest and real. That's what I love to read the most. Stuff from the very center of who we are. I feel the guilt too, so blessed and so undeserving but God just keeps giving and giving. Even in my sadness and loss and grief, I'm so blessed. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Becky

10:26 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

So much wisdom here. So true our world has changed, it will never be the same. I know God is in control and some things are not for me to understand, but sometimes I wonder why.

Thanks for the prayer on my site. I need the Lord's help right now as I struggle thru working the night shift.

God Bless!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Just stopped by again!!

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home