Friday, August 05, 2005

August 5, 2005


There's this boy I knew
Actually I've never met
that speaks to me when I see his face
Eyes piercing
Lifting off the page
I got it printed out at Kinko's
Better copy
Better print
I hear the boy cry out to me
The boy without a home

So I called the Social Worker over
after I spoke with my husband of course
He thought the idea was great
and that about flipped me over

So we called the Social Worker man
Told him we'd like to adopt a son
He told us to fill out these forms
the stack weighed a thousand pounds on my frame.

I cried and thought it over
What do I need with another son?
Two ain't enough?
And two daughters as well?
What need do I have
with problems that aren't mine?

So I put it out of my mind
Thought about something else for awhile
But the matter woke me up at night
It stayed in my mind like a tickle in my throat
It has grabbed my reasoning
like a rooster in the morning
It has stolen my heart
like a lover's first kiss
like a dream that won't die
like a boy's midnight cry

His picture speaks to me
His brazen eyes are speaking there
He wore the suit he owned one day
cause the picture man at school
be coming that day

Smart, they say he is
And a dreamer he is meant to be
They say he wants to go far one day
That picture,
it be speaking to me

Days go by and even weeks
Form-sets one, two and three are done
More paperwork yet to complete-
nine hundred pounds to go,
His Social Worker Lady says
she don't think he is coming home to me

They're gonna try a different place
The visits they have been started
No, the new family isn't sure they want him
Yes for now, but maybe not for keeps
Well, they might
They're gonna see how it goes
Meanwhile the picture been speaking to me
That boy he want a real home

Do you hope when there is no reason to?
What are dreams made of anyway?
What gives an orphan boy a cause to hope?
Who has set his spirit free?
Free enough to hope
and free enough to dream
Rich enough to strive up high

When all of life
just hasn't been fair

If he can dream than so can I-
I know not for sure
If Brent is the boy
that be my own,
But that he might be my son
torments my inner soul
because he is not here
is not with his own

To have a child
but is that one your own?
Seems to be
but doesn't seem again either
I think so
Oh, do I dare to dream?

If I don't dream
and he is waiting there for me
than I am like one of the rest
who has let him down again
Not only him
but Christ my Lord
who has put His hope in me.

Lord,
Give me the strength to complete forms six, seven and eight
help our timing be perfect and not late
encourage Brent day by day
pick the best plan for him
whether he is ours or not
only You know

But there is one thing I do know
One thing that I've got straight,
if Brent is our son
You will deliever him into our hands
and what a miracle that will be
not only for today
but for all of eternity

Go on now go
Go Lord and go
Go fight for me
on my behalf
Go and do whatever You want to

The paper that speaks
is it Your voice to me?
The eyes that glare
The yearning I feel there
Surely You are behind it all
In it one way or another

You be God and I will follow
Mark out Your path for me
Show your glory to all the world
that You create what You want
dreams, vision and plans-
Your knitting Your world together
Not this world here,
the world to come
the world for which our hearts be waiting.

So while he waits
and while we wait too
direct our hearts to look to You
let us trust You in our ways
Let the circumstrances be framed
You'll do what only You can do
as we live our life
depending and looking to You.

(Dedicated to God's perfect plan for me, and our family - your prayers appreciated - your reward will be coming with Him from glory...one day with a grand display, but may He bless you this very day as well!)

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:39 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Great Post! so true that our job is to trust and to put our concerns, issues, fears, hopes and dreams in bigger hands.

I'll be back!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh I wanted to say in your comment on my blog you wrote you had lost 70 lbs, that is so awesome. It is true, even food can be an addiction. I remember my dad struggled with alcohol for years. I could understand the struggle, he couldn't master it on his own, but later in life he accepted Christ and through the grace of God he did overcome. We all have those issues we struggle with, I just always remember His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Take care and have a great day!!!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

oh one more thing, I got carried away and forgot to tell you. Go to Blog Jacket.com or to Eddo at Postednote.com and he can help you with your site. He designed mine for me and so many others, I don't have time to do alot with mine except post and I too am learning as I go!! you can upload pictures at Imageshack.com, I had problems with blogger and msthang sent me to Imageshack and it is amazing!!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

Great post. Good luck on your quest for the adoption. It is not an easy process, but God willing you will be blessed as well as Brent.

Blessings
Leann

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home