Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Dis-enable Enable


I missed out on all the comments because my comment moderation was on. Who heard of such a choice? Thanks Bonnie. She informed me that my comment moderation was enabled. So all my comments went to email, rather than being posted. (I was digging around looking for how to do links and enabled that.) I opened my email today and found the waiting comments.

Okay. Next item. Bonnie, I did cut down on all that junk food. No, I don't want to gain 30 pounds, or even 5, or 3, or 1. I had gained like 3-4 pounds over 3-4 months, so I dieted and lost about 2-3 of it. Then I had the eating blitz for about 2 days. But, now I am getting back on track again. The scale went up a couple pounds, but I think some of that will come right off and is related to water weight from the crap-pola that I ate. (A bit over a year ago I finished losing 65-70 pounds and I have to watch what I eat carefully. I love to fill my mouth with food. Isn't that gross? But, after about ten years of prayer and attempts, over the period of about a year and a half or so I lost the wieght. The Lord really enabled me to do it. But my life is really continuous dieting. In the natural, the weight would just come back.)

Today I ate:
Breakfast: Yoplait yogurt (blueberry), one stick of one ounce of string cheese, one banana, one apple
Snack: one LA lite protein bar, one small serving bag of diet type dried pasta with BBQ salt, about 100 calories
Lunch: a couple of bites of chicken (about 2 ounces), green beans, small salad with1/2 boiled egg, 3 carrot sticks, drop of thousand island dressing, lite Italain dressing, green beans
snack: 1/4 peanut butter sandwich "Here Mom, do you want a sandwich?"
Dinner: one grilled chicken breast, one medium salad with contents of lettuce and lite Italian dressing and parmesean cheese flakes, pudding snack (about 120 calories)
Water to drink.

Gee, seems like so much when you write it out.

BTW, I really thought that I had cancer. When I spoke with the doctor on the phone yesterday, I was thinking to myself, "I hope that she doesn't feel badly having to tell me that I have cancer." I didn't think I had cancer like the Lord "told me," or anything. I think I was just reving up for the worst. Everything seemed brighter today, not having cancer. Before, when I thought that I had caner, I would look in the mirror and practice saying, "I have cancer." Now, I have said out loud to myself a few times, "I don't have cancer!" and it felt real good. I am so thankful I do not have cancer. I'm glad I never told my mother about the biopsies. She gets so anxious it just blows me out of the water. And all her gasps, and short, fast breaths. Who calms/comforts whom? Well, that is what would have happened. If I had told her. And all the relatives that would be calling. Oh my. Ever see "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding?" Well that's my family. Except they're Italian. Nothing wrong with being Italian mind you. They're just a lot different that German/Scandinavians, which is most of the blood flowing through my brains. Opps. That was a Freudian slip that I think I'll just keep in there for some analysis. Flowing through my veins. That is what I meant. God has such a sense of humor too. Placing me into my family is like placing a miniture pincher with a sheep dog family, or vise-versa. We're just biologically different. But I figure He placed me into that family at the time of my infantile adoption because He wanted me one day to bring the light of Jesus into that family. My aunt said the other month, "God sent you into this family." Yes Lucy, He did. On purpose even.

Today I really enjoyed listening to the CD I am preparing for my Christmas card book I am sending out to family and close friends. I suppose a better - more accurate term - is booklet, but the thing seems to be growing, at least in my mind, so I think it may end up being a book. Not really. So, Bonnie, if someone wants to email me, can they do that now? What if people want a copy of my Christmas booklet. Can they email me with their information, can they do that now by clicking some "I want to email her" button?

The CD is cool. I want to enclose for the recepients a list of the songs, and performers info, along with a sentence of the favorite, or most memorable words in the song, along with a description of why the song is important to me. However, in some ways, doing so seems so personal. But then I think, they can see Jesus in me that way. So, I want to do it but feel a little foolish. What do you think I should do? Do you want more information about what I am talking about here, like an example? Maybe Bonnie could enable me to link with the Tobymac song "This Christmas." That song is too cool. It is through that song that the Lord inspired me to adopt. Don't bother Bonnie. Sounds like really labor intensive. At least for me. At least for my brains. I haven't even got my links together yet.

It really is so uncanny. I reviewed in an old post of how, after months of a blanket over my eyes, how my eyes were enabled to see that adopting Matt was to be a gift for us, not a burden, not a problem that wasn't going to work out. Then the very next day I look at a book in Borders while walking to a restroom and find out that Matthew means, "Gift from the Lord." God is cool. I guess that was His confirming. He is a gift. Our gift from Him. His own gift to Himself.

Prayer request: Dear Lord, Enable Luke to complete the home study report and send it to Kentucky by Wednesday morning and let it be a really, really good report of our family.(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Bless my husband who is in Kentucky now. Change his life through Your ministry there and what You want to do through Him. Give him Your joy in great measure!

Final thoughts from the "Come all ye Faithful Christmas song": "Come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant..." We are faithful, joyful and triumphant. Isn't that great? Come, let us adore Him. Merry Christmas, Pia.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 4:49 PM

10 Comments:

Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Just testing if my comments will post.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Praise God! No cancer!!

Thanks for posting to Gracereign. How old are your four? Mine range from 8 - 14. :o) Uh . . . I remember those shows. I'm forty. LOL

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you! that's so sweet. i'm so glad you don't have the big C. God is good.

my email addy is pia_go2002@yahoo.com. is it possible for you to send it to me there? matt is suppose to be my second baby. my blood sugar went up really high and unfortunately he didn't make it. *sigh*

anyway, God has a greater plan, I'm sure.

9:08 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

You sound so cute and hyper on this post! I love it. I feel your joy and relief...Praise God!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I loved this post, and I love Tobymac, "This Christmas." I just bought another of his CD's the other day, the one where it has the little boy singing TruDog on it. I can't remember the name of the album.

I am so happy you don't have the Big C too. I am even happier that God answers prayers.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I can so feel your joy zzzooommming out from this post. Let's continue to be faithful, joyful and triumpant cos He's worth it. Our God is adorable! Merry Christmas to you too.

Wow you've sent me so many questions in my comments hehe.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Andrea, a busker is someone who entertains people for money in public places (as by drawing, singing or dancing etc). People apparently can earn money doing that, but it's certainly not easy. You have to be extremely talented and need to work long hours. Yes the money are donated by passerbyers to the artists. They normally have a 'container' of some sort to collect the money.

Generally people walk around the art, although some naughty kids do walk over it, and in which case the artists will politely tell them not to do. The cones are not always there though.

American football seems to be quite difficult to play, though I think Aussie Rule (Australian football) is harder and more 'violent'. Even though I don't understand sports, the film inspired me nonetheness :)

The sermon was from one of my mentors, whom I affectionately call papa. He is not actually my father, but we love each other very much =) He is 91 years old now (by the way, he has served the Lord for 70 years), and can still preach without notes. I so admire and adore him.

Woule be sooo happy to receive your Christmas booklet. The songs sound very cool! My email address is kitping@optusnet.com.au
If you email me, I can send you my address.

I agree that Phil 4:6-7 can transform our personalities.

Thanks a lot for being such a wonderful and inspiring blogger friend. Your adventures truly bless me!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

You are so absolutely cute!! Talk about running off at the mouth. LOL...could anybody catch up to you todat...tehetehe!!!!You probably wore out the whole family. Believe me with this much energy, you won't gain weight.

Remember...nobody ever got fat on vegetables....eat all of them and salad that you want....just watch the sugar and starch carbs (I'm a lo-carber...lost 68 lbs)

now for E-mail....go to one of the free mail places unless you want to use the e-mail that come with your internest provider. I use the one that comes with my online service. But you can get a free email account from like Yahoo, or hotmail. When you get the email address, go to your edit profile page, and inset it on the line that says e-mail. Save the changes...the button is at the bottom of the page. then we can figure out where the songs are that you want to link, you can e-mail me with the place or just make a post about it and I'll make you the link and email it to you to insert in a post.

Piece of cake....And remember...God is Good!!!!:-)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Thank you for your visits, kind words of encouragement on my blog, and most especially, your prayers. I appreciate it very much.

I pray the home study is all you would desire.

God bless, and happy Thanksgiving.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Happy Thanksgiving =)

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home