Wednesday, November 16, 2005

All eyes on Thursday


Once again I am hyper-focused on the upcoming family meeting with the social worker scheduled for Thursday, 5:00 PM California time. The SW is aiding us in adopting one older child (likely Matt, age 13) from Kentucky. The SW cancelled our last two scheduled meetings due to his illness. It had already been delayed due to his prescheduled vacation. So now, once again, it is sceduled for tomorrow, two weeks after it was supposed to take place. This is to be our last meeting. He is supposed to issue his report by Thanksgiving. I sure wish my husband could meet Matt when he and two of my kids will be together in Kentucky for a week - staying until several days after Thanksgiving. I have this crazy dream to have Matt at our house by Christmas.

So, about my multiple biopsies taken two weeks ago today. The MD said the results would take about a week to come back. The pamphlet said, "a few days." I for one am glad the results aren't back because I don't want the results to mess up the adoption.

So, these last two weeks my mind has been a bit fried at times. But, it is so glad to be about God's business - that is, "trials of various kinds." (It IS a promise in the Bible, you know.) Seriously, (some sarcasm, mixed with faint hope is to follow), I consider it pure joy when I face trials because I know the testing of my faith...produces hope that does not disappoint (James). (Seriously now) there is a part of me that has joy and excitment in being called a Christian and being called worthy/chosen to suffer. But in a way all of this action is like the Kings in the play-offs with the Lakers. (But) this is important (hehe). The kingdom of God. His will on earth. New life to our home. Hope in Christ and a thrill in accompanying Him in His work.

*

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 5:33 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Just keep your fingers crossed and have faith.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been told this all week -- just have faith. now i saw this again in lucy stern's comment. i'm passing it on to you, JUST HAVE FAITH.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Praying God's best for you and your family. I can't wait to hear what happens in the meeting, I know God has a plan! Hang on because I got a feeling a real blessing is on the way!!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

thanks for dropping by my place. I wish you well in your adoption endeavors! God Bless

7:34 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Don't need to cross your fingers, "Just be still, and know that He is God!"

9:03 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

God is sovereign, and He is in control. Hallelujah!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home