Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Prayer Requests


1) That if the biopsy results brings "bad news," that I wouldn't find out until after the social worker family meeting with us scheduled for Thursday, 5:00 U.S. Pacific time.
2) That the family meeting would take place and be successful.
3) That, against his own time table estimate, the home study report would be completed and get to KY agency in time so that my husband and kids can meet Matt (assuming our family is chosen to adopt Matt!) the week of Thanksgiving or Nov 28 or 29 when they will be out there.
4) That Matt could be in our home by Christmas.
5) That the plans that God has for me and my work at the hospital would unfold naturally.
6) That God would deliver a sweet fragrance into our family through Matt.
7) That the extended relatives would be really excited and welcoming.
8) That Matt would become a Christian soon, if he isn't already.

No wonder I'm teanse! Wondering and worrying about all this. Who knows the timing? Why am I rushing? Well, the waiting is hard and Christmas - ! a dreadful time to have no family. We could really get bonded then - and that song (another blog I'll explain "the song").
9) If I need to have a hysterectomy, that the time would coordinate with husband's time in KY and I'd be able to get them to school, etc.
10) That, what if I did have cancer? That I wouldn't worry about all the details that God has to do. I suppose He's big enough to handle it! Oh yeah, He made the world, and holds all things together by the power of His word!
Jesus, I am so glad You make my life exciting! But I am like Martha, worried about so many things, and only one thing is needful. Help me to choose the good part - resting at Your feet and listening, inclining my ear to your words.

Here's a great hymn I'm listening to in my car right now:
"Be still my soul,
The Lord is on thy side,
Bear patiently the cross
of grief or pain
Leave to thy God
to order and provide,
In every change
He faithful will remain,
Be still my soul,
Thy God doth undertake
to guide the future
as He has the past....

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 1:53 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

yes that's a beautiful hymn Andrea. I'll print out your prayer requests and keep you in my prayers dear.

There is a song called "Still" by Hillsongs Australia which I like very much too. I always listen to it when I feel rushed or stressed. You can go to this link to read the lyrics if you like:

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/a/australiahillsongs8787/still816069.html

6:43 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I will be praying for all your requests. He is already working on your behalf, He knows the desires of your heart and He loves you.

I always remember when I am going thru something that God loves in a much greater way than I do and If I am His child, He cares for me, in a much greater way than I could ever hope to care for my child or love my child, because His love is perfect.

So if he loves me and I am His child, I know if my child had a need, all they would have to do is trust me and I would answer them, so be assured He is working it out, He is there and He is walking beside you all the way.

Take care, I will be sedning up a prayer for you as soon as I stop typing this. Hugs.

12:19 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Thanks!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home