Sunday, October 30, 2005

"to bind up the broken hearted"


"To bind up the broken hearted," are the words that escaped me during the "spin cycle" blog of yesterday, which for me was Saturday morning.

Adolescence is hard. Adolescence is hard. Adolescence is hard. Who wants to go back and do it again?

Life is hard. Life is hard. Life is hard. Who wants to do any of the hard parts again?

I don't think a living person survives this world without a broken heart, even Jesus. Maybe especially Jesus. Because He didn't let anything distract Him from His mission. Our broken hearts distract us from God's mission for us, for me.

I lack faith because I fear being left alone, forgotten about, forsaken. Isn't faith letting go of everything, the "substance of things NOT SEEN?" In hope against hope, Abraham believed. Aren't we, like Paul when we have faith, having nothing but possessing all things?

I want to enourage the broken hearted. I want to pray for their hearts, that the adolescents that I know and love dearly would go to God and He would bind up their broken hearts, that He would proclaim liberty and open the prison, that He would loose the bound, turn ashes to beauty, pour on the oil of joy, lift the spirit of heaviness and put on the garment of praise, that they might be called trees of righteousness, a planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 1:27 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I love this post.

As one who has been an adolescent once, I appreciate what you have to say here -- but as the mother of adolescents, I completely engage in your prayer -- it seems life's hardships are way easier to live through than to watch someone you love live through....

9:10 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

My favorite verse and you reminded me to pray it for my son Justin. PLEASE pray for him!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home