Wednesday, October 19, 2005

So much is happening


If I were to detail the saga of my biological background and relatives' relations, I would run out of space. Suffice it to say, my biological father, as in the words of another daughter, "got around."

I got a call that my bio dad, David, who was also known as Mike, just died. I'm going to the funeral in Minnesota on Monday. He had 6 children from 3 women. 2 kids were abandoned, 1 adopted (me) and 3 raised by he and his 2nd wife, who subsequently abandoned that family, leaving Dave to raise the kids in his drunkened state. David survived his suicide attempt and went on to have 20 years of sobriety, but continued in judgment against God (from my vague perception) and broken relationships.

Regarding the 6 kids today, 1 ran off and currently is unable to be located (I'm praying he can be found in time to attend our reunion-funeral). 2 haven't spoken with 3 others for over 20 years. David did not even know of the existence of 3 grandchildren he had when he died.

Well, the 5 daughters are talking and going to go to the funeral. The 1 son is missing. I hope he's found and goes. I have never met him and he does not even know about me (that I exist and found my biological family several years ago).

Out of these 6, 3 are strong believers and followers of Christ and 3 are offended by one merely being Christian as in sending Christmas cards with a religious message.

Isn't God great? Even in death, His mercies are new every morning and His glory is evident. How great Thou art.

Thank you God for keeping track of my family tree and having mercy upon me. Be in this funeral, be Your own witness. Unto Life everlasting, the Perfect One, the Man of Peace, Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home