Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Dance with me, my love"


That's a lyric from a Keith Green song, the Christian artist who died many years ago, whose songs continue to minister to me. It is a line in which God is pleading to a follower to dance with Him. The song says,"no one hurts, no one aches." That we don't care for our hurting neighbor, yet Jesus died for us and He pleads for us to enter into His concern for our brethren.

Well, I don't know how I got off on that, actually. I intended to state that my husband, Brad, and I met with the social worker from the adoption agency today and it went very well. We have the next meeting for two hours with our children also on 11/4 and that should be our final meeting.

When I asked my prayer partner and friend about her view of all this she seemed in awe of what God is doing and said that Brad and I seemed "like one." Well, that IS saying something, isn't it? Like M.C. said, "Isn't God great?" (or words to that effect in the comments section of my last entry).

I guess I thought of the line,"dance with me, my love" because I thought about this adoption thing feels like a dance with my husband with God in our midst, so I want to keep dancing, even though I may feel afraid sometimes. I just want to trust. Like Abe, called in faith to walk where he didn't know where he was going. I choose to choose God, and trust that He will not let me respond to the voice of another Shepherd. "Lord, take me to Your lost sheep and let's bring 'em home." Yes, M.C., our God is great.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:11 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Oh how lovely! How wonderful! How AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you. I'm even happier for whatever child/children you adopt. I've worked with orphaned children/children taken away from parents for various abuse/and children just in need of learning social skills. Mostly they need love. They need someone who will love them regardless of what they do and what they've been through. Oh! Happy day indeed!

I also love Keith Green. He brought my sister to the Lord...I was getting ready for church blasting 'Jesus rose from the grave...and you! You can't even get out of bed.' My sister comes into the bathroom and says, "Okay, Mimi. I get the picture. Take me with you today." Yep. Our God is good!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow I haven't heard of Keith Green in along time. I remember when he died. He was a very unique artist.

I can't wait to hear more of your new family. Prayers are with you and yours.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home