Friday, October 07, 2005


Last night I went clothes shopping with my youngest daughter. On the way there I read a bit of Galations, between stop lights and freeway signs, off my phone/palm pilot thingy that has the New Testement downloaded onto it (way cool). My daughter asked, "Why are you talking to yourself?" I said, "I'm trying to memorize this verse." She seemed relieved that I wasn't, well, actually talking to myself.

"God forbid that I glory in anything, save the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified to me and I to the world."

At the clothes place, I meditated between viewing my daughter in various selections of children's size 14-16 clothes, mostly jeans.

God don't allow. Put Your hand out in stopping. That I only glorify in the cross. In that cross where its glory and victory is separating the world from me. Me separate from the world. World here. Me there. Glory in that. In that spot of the cross. On Jesus's cross with Him. United with Him in death. In life. In total victory. Consumed and lost in the face and life of Jesus Christ where my purpose is found. In Christ. Yeah. Lost in Him. Found in perfect peace. Peace, not as the world gives. Yeah. Meet ya there. In eternal life. Yeah. Way cool.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 5:41 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Great Post!!! that is so deep!

So hiding the word in your heart huh?

Me too, so that I might not sin against Him.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I was reading your profile the other day and I was so blessed. Just thought I would let you know you are an inspiration to me.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home