Friday, September 30, 2005

exceeding faith


In the 2nd Thes. letter, Paul speaks of his being glad that their faith is growing exceedingly and their having a lot of charity. What did that feel like to them? What does it feel like to me? Does it feel like it did to Abraham when he walked out and didn't know where he was going and there met a famine? Did it feel like it did to Abigail when David and his army was coming to kill her household? Did it feel like it did to Noah, a crazy man wasting his life building a crazy boat? How did it feel to him when he was gathering the animals and everyone was mocking? Surely he felt alone. Who could any of these people really relate to? Is my faith growing exceedingly? In the multiple areas of confusion in my life, I hope so. The Bible says that the HolySpirit is like the wind. Can't tell how/where it blows. God is good. I will be still and trust God. He has never let me down. Never will. My circumstances and my own eye sight have always failed me. But I will choose His perfect peace and rest in Him. Ahhhhhhh.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home