Monday, September 26, 2005

Faith and Fear


Last night I took dramatic steps to cut back work. That went smoothly. Then I got afraid. But enthusiasm won out.

Last week I mailed adoption application information to "our" social worker. I haven't heard from the guy. I thought he would have called by now. Then a thought struck me at the start of the teaching portion of Bible study tonight. "What if he doesn't think we have a good family? What if he has serious concerns?" I hadn't thought of that....It scared me. I prayed God would clear my thinking. I prayed that the social worker would think good thoughts of our family. I thought about how God's purposes will stand.

We've discussed the adoption with the children. We're underway with the process, except we have to meet with "our" social worker again for a home study.

God told Noah to build. He built in faith. Faith isn't easy, but through faith and patience, we inherit His promises. This whole thing is His idea. If I didn't do it, if I turned my back, I would feel that I was sinning and my conscience would condemn me. So I proceed, looking to the Horizon, from Whenceforth comes my Help and Hope. When I am afraid, I will be still and know He is my God.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:47 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I have been there! Not with adoption, but with other issues where I was overcome with self-doubt. "Maybe I'm not good enough..." I hate that! It's the deceiver trying to get you down. Tell him to get lost and keep your eyes on Jesus. I'll be praying for you!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I agree with Jenn! And where does doubt and fear come from anyway? From the deceiver himself.

He knows you would provide a christian home for this child, so surely that would not be his plan!

So my prayers are with you, may God bless you as you provide a home for a child who might not otherwise have a home at all.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

just cking in to see what's goin on, you must be really busy since you haven't posted! I'll ck back later, hope all is well with you and yours.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home