Saturday, September 24, 2005

Be Thou my vision


I listen to a tape of a choir again and again and again. It is of a 105 year old Christian boarding school in rural kentucky that two of my children attend. God appointed them to go because He is shaping them for Himself. Anyway, the tape is of their choir that travels on Sunday's 5000 miles per year to minister to various churches. My daughter is in that choir and I miss her often, so I call her, send her packages filled with food and books and I listen to the tape again and again and again.

I also really am ministered to by this precious school. Half the children there are on scholarships, simply supported by the school as they have no means to pay. They don't turn away students due to inability to pay. The staff are there because their resounding testimony is, "God has called me to minister here." That is my testimony as to why two of my children are there. I believe He is developing their spiritual gifts and using them. He is their owner.

"Be Thou my vision," encourages me to let go of what I've been clinging to a little too much. This work/nomination thing jarred me enough to see that I have become too emotionally connected with my work - that He isn't leading me to have a larger role there.. He wants me to love people but there isn't an additional ground there that I am to claim. He has other things for me,even while I work there so long as He has called me.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:04 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Be Thou My Vision is my favorite song... not just because I like the words and tune, but because it really speaks to me.

God is with you always, dear sister.

**hugs**

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love that song! I didn't used to, when I was little. But I've been hearing it a lot again lately and it means so much to me now, as an adult who has gone through much and has finally come to see that God is, indeed, my Vision. What school? I go caving in KY, and my sister lived there for about 12 years, so maybe I know it.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home