Friday, September 23, 2005


I was nominated at my work to be "president of medical staff." Two others were nominated also. I came in third of three. I secretly wanted to be nominated, but didn't want to pursue the position openly, because that was the way of my flesh in the days gone by. I wanted God to give me the position, not for me to rally for it. I didn't think I was going to lose. "Oh well!"

A few weeks ago I did not get offered to be a discussion leader for my Bible Study group, "Oh well!"

I want what God wants for me. I was trained up that my value is tied up in what I can do. Real satisfaction is being used and valued just for being me. That loving God and doing what He says is enough. That I'm okay the way I am. The exciting thing is that I think God is keeping the status quo in my life because He wants to do His specific plans, and that will give me joy, not trying to push myself up a ladder that is actually a shifting shadow. It is so good that God is in charge. I want Him to "ruin" all my plans, because I know the plans He has for me, to give me a future and a hope, and I trust Him.





xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:37 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I agree with this post. I too want God's will not mine, for He knows best, I only see in part, but He can see the whole picture!!

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home