Monday, September 12, 2005

"There's far too much to take in here"


By the time that I caught the Elton John song from which that lyric (above) came for the third time, my flight to Boston was nearing its end. I always liked the grandness of that song from "The Lion King." It paralleled the majesty of the lion's dominance of the movie, and in real life. But greater is the magificant grandeur of the vast depth of beauty and intrigue of all that God has made. Yes, there is far too much to take in here. Heaven is waiting for me. Or am I waiting for heaven? Yes, I think that is right. I was made for heaven and not vise versa. In heaven I hope my new body can better absorb the reality of the glory of God and all that He has made. Oh! That I will be like Him and I will see Him as He is! For today, there is far too much to take in here. Lord, let me not settle for the things of the world, the carnal, the mundane, the passing away. Let me have eyes to see beyond the superfiscial, beyond the trite, beyond all that my flesh yearns for. Let me percieve the reality that there is more here than I can see with my mere human understanding. Let me strain to see and know You. Let me be like Mary, the mother of God, who treasured up all these things in her heart. Let me be like the leper who went back to pursue Jesus after the healing, and not like the nine who went on their way. Let me be like Thomas, that upon seeing the evidence exclaimed, "my God and my Lord." Let me be like Paul, who fought the good fight and finished His course. And let me always be like the women who worshipped at Jesus' feet, undone and poured out, one by one, each fully accepted by Jesus, the All-knowing Savior of the world. Lord, worshipping You takes me out of this world and teaches me that this world is not forĀ =

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:41 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow, that post is one of your best, but they are all good, so how can I choose which is my favorite. I am so glad you are posting, I have enjoyed it so much!!!

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home