Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sept 7, 2005


It is good to be back. I'm writing this on my phone again. I don't spend much time during the week on a real, actual computer, but do spend a lot of time with my phone. But it is not too convenient to write with, so being concise is appealing.

I wanted to mention how much I have enjoyed Hebrews this summer. Soon I will be back at my BSF Bible study classes, so this summer I found myself in some informal study in Hebrews. I also greatly enjoyed being changed as I have experienced the Blackaby book Experiencing God. Powerful.

I had read Hebrews several times before, but this time I didn't actually just read it straight through. I focused on select verses that really struck me, and I thought on those. More and more verses built on each other and I was struck by the similarity of themes.

Faith and entering into His rest were the major themes for me, and how those two are actually the same. Isn't it fascinating that God completed His work before the foundation of the world and how we can't actually do "work" except by entering into His rest-letting Him work. Also, the Blackaby book and Hebrews actually tied together for me in that Blackaby allowed me to see when I read Hebrews that God does the work and we join in. We enter in by faith. Also God gives us specific promises for our specific lives in addition to the general wonderful and grand promises He gives to all believers. Also, God intends us to enter into the promises He has for us specifically, and when we draw back He is not pleased and in fact we should be afraid not to turn away from Him when He wants,as He wants, to work specifically and intimately in our lives. Further, to enter that fully into God's specific promises that He has for our individual lives requires great faith that comes not from a purple puff or good feeling from the sky but from obedience-that deep inside you abandon the fear that you may be wrong and hold His hand that He is calling for you and you go to Him with all that you are and just are all out there for Him.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:48 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Welcome back, you've been missed!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there! it's nice to see you're back! c",)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home