Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sept. 3, 2005


"No discipline at the time is joyful, but painful, but those who are trained by it, yeild a harvest of righteous and peace" Heb 12:11
"Though He was a Son, He learned obedience by what He suffered." Heb 5:4
"I want to know Christ, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to the image of His death, so as to somehow attain to the resurection from the dead." Phil 3:10 (These verses are according to my memory so excuse miswordings, and I welcome and applaude corrections in the verses. I also have memory o various versions, which complicates as well. But I am trying to be faithful to the text without being so delayed that I don't write anything - I'm at the hair salon again!)
Prayer: Dear God,
Give me the courage and faith to not turn away from Your training. Let my suffering not stop me from continuing on Your path for me. Give me eyes to see Your eternal plan and purpose for my life. Help me to do whatever You call me to without waivering and while I look not at the things that are seen but the things that are not seen. Be Thou my vision. Let me make the most of every opportunity by walking by faith. Do this today for myself and my friends for Your glory, that we would bear much fruit, in Jesus' name, Amen.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:07 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Permalink
Mickey Kaus: Biden's Goat, Gotten. Still unpresidential after all these years. 09/02/05 Timothy Noah: On not owning a vacation home.
Love your blog ! I'm bookmarking you!

I have a make money site/blog. It touches on make money related stuff.

Check it out if you get time :-)

10:56 AM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Amen! I'll pray this for you and for me as well!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true. all of us will be going through it one way or the other. but i know in my heart that there will be joy after this.

God bless!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home