Thursday, October 06, 2005

as opportunity allows


I'm a mom to four kids, teens and tweens. They haven't been that easy to raise. I suppose no child is, but I suspect some are more tempermental than others. I was a homeschool mom for five years. The kids are all excelling in their private, Christian schools and I love being their mom.

My husband has become an increasingly great dad. It's been lots of fun to see God work in him these past few years.

Our family feels very secure. My husband and I thought we could help an older child, and came to the surprising conclusion that we could adopt a boy around age 12 - 13. So in July we began the cumbersome process.

It has been emotionally difficult because, imagine seeing your kid's face on a milk carton, if you will, under heading MISSING. We're looking to adopt a child whose picture is on the internet, listed as a special needs child, and he's out there - missing.

There's been one boy, named Brent, that I have been so enthralled with, but the whole adoption process is so difficult because we are still doing our home study stuff on our end, and are disconnected from the kid's end, except for the picture and little story on the web site, along with number of web site hits the kid's had.

Anyway, on the web site, I noticed another kid that seemed perfect for our family, named Matt. It sounds dumb, but I want to try about adopting both of them, at the same time. I haven't had the nerve yet to bring up that idea with my husband, but I think he'd go for it. Next Wednesday is our next meeting with our social worker. Pray for God's divine control in this all.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 1:02 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

thanks for stopping by my blog...you are such a loving person, i can truly tell from you blog of your love for God and people, especially children! Good onya.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I will surely pray for you. There are so many hurting children out there, the harvest is white and the workers are few. We sometimes are overwhelmed with the need for someone to just love these kids, to intervene. We have the answer, His name is Jesus, He can mend the broken pieces of a life that has fallen apart.

We now have two boys in our home, Kyle and Joseph. I got a call from a boy the other day who used to live with us, his name is Juan. He has been on his own but is having alot of financial difficulty. He took in his two little brothers, both parents are in another city and addicted to drugs. He has put his younger brother in school and took him the other day to get a physical so he could play basketball. I have been so impressed at the maturity he has shown as he is trying to be a role model for his brother.

One of his brothers has gone home, so Juan called me and asked if he and his little brother Matthew could come back to live with us. He wants Matthew to live in a Christian home and he also is doing fairly well, but struggling. So pray we make the right decision.

I told Juan I would like to sit down with him, perhaps this week, so I am asking God to lead me. I believe in this boy and I know he has his brother's best interest at heart.

I will pray you and your family will be able to share your home with these two boys you are seeking to bring into your home. Apparently God has already shown you they are the ones.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home