Saturday, October 01, 2005

God's calling


I noticed in Genesis that when God created Adam, He gave him a job and a command. He showed him that his primary human relationship was to be with his wife, from whom he would receive companionship and help. The Father seems to have simply placed the wife under the husband's supervision and she was to help him. Somewhere along the line it seems that Adam told her about God's command. God didn't give her a job to tend the garden, per say or to name the animals. So is it therefore reasonable to assume that any work I do is in the context of how it helps the household? Even more specifically, how it helps my husband complete his mission? God gave him a job and I am to help him. He certainly issues to me specific ways I am to help. So, for me, it encourages me to let some pressure bear upon my husband, and seek how I may help him in his fulfilling of his duties. I am not to assume that role myself. Lord, I want to be a housewife again. Provide for our family financially as I work less. Continue to bless me at my great job. Help me to be a helpmeet to my husband. I can see how You are changing him into a man that lurks inside him. Help him to be bold and let him feel the deep support of his wife. Help me to yeild. Bless us in great and evident ways! Confirm to me that I'm on the path You've chosen for me. Provide for our financial needs.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 6:31 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

This post is so on target. I was cooking on the grill the other day, running around in my barefeet before I had to go to work. The breeze was cool and slightly windy. I was so peaceful. My husband walked outside to see what I was doing and I told him I wanted to be a housewife. I have so much to do and so little time. I just would like to fulfill my mission God has given me too and support my husband and pray for him as he fulfills his duties.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

you're blessed to be one that can support your husband!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Bonnie over at God's Most Wanted, has so kindly tagged me with the following meme:

1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.

My 23rd post was from my June 30, 2005 entry:
"Love Moves in Mysterious Ways" (Song by Julia Fordham)
The 5th sentence was:
"You and I wouldn't even try making sense of it."

Now it's my turn to tag five people:

1. Darlyn from My Very Own, My Family
2. Andrea from Adventures of an Ordinary Christian
3. Cindy-lou from The song In My Heart
4. Gina from Refreshment in Refuge
5. Becky from The Faith Expedition

Just for fun. God bless!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home