Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Any kingdom divided against itself will fall" Luke 11:17


Jesus said those words. Actually, I was looking in my Bible this morning to quote from Luke 9 and 10 when Jesus sent out the 12 and then the 70. He told them to go out and preach the gospel, cure diseases and not to take any provision with them on their trip-no extra coat,purse, money or food. God told Abraham similarly. He left his hometown and didn't know to where he was going. Then when he got there, there was a famine, so he lost heart and went to Egypt.

Today, in a way, I feel like I am going where God is leading, and He isn't wanting me to take any provision for my trip. No self-dependence, no extra money in the bank, no guarantee for tomorrow. Just listening to His voice and trusting Him, even when there seems a famine in the land. Abe saw a famine. God saw a mighty and faithful father of many nations. I can't take provisions because they are not provisions at all but distractions that cause me to look somewhere other than to God alone. God is building Himself an eternal kingdom in His Son. What I do in Him will last. "Lord, establish Your way in me that I am not divided but sound and secure in You. You are our faithful and reliable refuge."

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:39 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Hey! Thanks for the return visit...I just looked up my sister's address and she lives in Citrus Heights on Dana Butte Way. I know she lived in Elk Grove at one time. I used to live in Rio Linda where they walk goats on the streets. That must have been around 1990-1991. I worked at Taylor's Art Gallery in downtown Sacramento. Small world isn't it?

I just love the insight of your blog. How great our God is.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home