Friday, October 14, 2005

Four mothers?


On L,L,L site I commented about my mom. Then I said that I actually had two moms, well four. Thought I'd elaborate - despite my hesitation.

Well, my mom is the one who raised me. Her name is a flower that starts with the letter R. She is like a characture of a person. Oh my gosh! She would be the most interesting personality to develop in a book, like for my kids, a geneology/memoir to capture what a wonder she is.

Then there is my biological mother, since as an infant I was adopted. I met her when I could stand it no longer not knowing/meeting her. So I tracked her down about 7 years ago. She wants more of a relationship than R (or I) feel comfortable with, but I'm glad she is in my life.

Then there is J and M. J is my step-mother. She and my father married when I was about 23 years old, soon after my parents divorced. M is my mother-in-law. She is wonderfully non-intrusive.

Then there is Concetta - my 92 year-old precious grandmother (mother of Rose-yes, that is her name-how'd ya guess?). Now, that is a lot of estrogen!

When you have two moms (or four-sort of) there is a part of you that has no mom. That's the part that Jesus has all to Himself.

Now, about my Dads.... let us just say, I have a couple people that may have had that title (adopted and bio, and a father-in-law), but truly God has lifted me up. He is the great I AM and He is my Father. My husband in some ways has been like a father to me. We began dating when I was 18 and he was 24 years old, and I've grown up a lot since then.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 12:52 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

That is definately alot of moms. Tell me, did they all ever give you advice? I guess you can say I have three moms, my mother, stepmother and mother in law. All are intrusive, none of them hold back. It can be interesting at times. lol

11:54 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Mom-in-law and stepmom do not give advise. Mom Rose - yes, but it is limited to how I look (sad, isn't it?). Mostly she wants to get advise, and I don't offer much because I kind of have to remind her that I am the daughter, not the other way around. With my biological mother, when I met her I really needed her validation and acceptance and gettting it was great. Then, however, she started showing approval or disapproval about how I did things, and that really turned me off. I can get enough critism (is that "advise?" from my own mother! Plus she expected me to kind of like take care of her. It was like, I'm the daughter in this relationship, I don't actually owe you anything, even though I am appreciative of you like, not flushing me down the sink. My relationships with all these moms is pretty superficial. I try to keep things pleasant. I hope I can offer my children someone they feel that they can turn to...hum..........

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home