Thursday, October 20, 2005

"for the excellency of knowing Him"


Phillippians 3 :10 is one of my all-time favorite verses. Don't you just love Paul? He was such a warrior for the gospel. He considered all things loss for the excellency of knowing Christ.

I don't have anything in this world. All of my riches are in Christ. I have become a fool for Him. In Him is hid my life. Yet He has blessed me in this world. I thank Him. A lot. Or at least at this moment I thank Him for those generous outpourings.

I just feel like I was created for His purpose and I want to fulfill that - to live in that, because that is why I even exist. What else am I even here for? He sustains my life.

I am dependent upon Him. I have nothing to go back to. "To where shall we go? You alone have the words of eternal life," His discouraged disciples responded to Jesus one day. I have no where else to turn but to Christ. I have repeatedly severed ties to this world and gladly, with open and empty hands do so now. I am my Lord's and He is mine.

Yeah, He's mine. And I love knowing Him. True, solid, unadulterated joy in the presence of Him. Oh, I want that - the presence of Him. Because He is for me. He is not against me. In Him is no darkness at all. So, I go to His light and ask for grace to do according to all He would have me to do. The power of His resurrection found in living in, lingering in, dwelling in, the emptied state of humility like that of Jesus hanging on a tree for me. He is enough for me. There isn't anything else I need.

Do you see it? Do you see that God is good and He is withholding no good thing from you?

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 2:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home