Saturday, October 22, 2005

"Not that I have obtained this...but I press on"


Okay. So, I'm not there yet. Will never be as long as I live and breath oxygen, but I press on. Paul says in Phillippians 3, after saying about counting everything apart from Christ as loss for the excellency of knowing Him, "not that I have obtained this or have yet to be made perfect, but I press on." He presses on to do that which God calls him to do, do the things that Christ saved him to do and called him for.

Right now I'm in a bike spin class. I'm writing on this phone thing, pedeling away. Before the class started I checked out my New Testement that is downloaded on to this thing. Yes, thank you very much. I am a fanatic. Some like sports. I like Christ. Anyway, I read about where John the Baptist said, "He must increase and I must decrease."

Not again! Again? Okay, Lord. I must decrease. Then I see it and feel it again - the resistence. And not that of the bije wheel.

My resistence to letting God spin my wheels for Him. But He gently leads me and knows how to gently draw. And so He does. And I repent again.

Oopps I did it again. Gave in to my old nature. I don't actually feel like decreasing today. You see, I'm fit. Obese me on the inside, fit on the outside. Oh, but God did that, didn't He? I'm going to a really fancy dinner tonight wearing nice clothes I could never have wore before with my husband of 22 years who loves me and is making good choices in His life. God again. Following Christ and He did these things for me. Wow. I am blessed. But I can't even claim anything or take pride in it.

But I can praise Him. God is blessed by my sacrifice of praise. Thank You Lord Jesus that You have chosen the foolish things of this world. You chose ME! You created me and gave me life. You sustain me. I am held accountable to do that You have called me to do, enabled me to do. Enable me to abide under your cover. Ahhhh. Ahhhh. REST.

Gonna bike with the others in this class now. "Proud mary keeps on burning." In this world. Not of it. Bye. Love ya.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home