Monday, November 07, 2005


So yesterday I was making the final finishing touches to a post and my thumb bumped into a botton next to the space bar and poof - there went the blog post into eternal land - gone from this world.

So, I think next I sat in my car and cried. Just for a moment. I already had a little cry spell earlier with my lunch, again in my car.

Later in the evening I heard a song about when the end of the world when God will bring us to river of life - crystal bright. And there is no need of light there for the Lord is our light, and we shall reign with Him age after age after age.

I also thought about the great verse of Psalm 138:8. "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for my life." I was also encouraged from a song that had a verse, "Who can stop a thing He started?"

Now it is 5:25 AM and I am in my bike class. " Of whom do I have to be afraid? The Lord will fulfill His purposes for me. James says to be thankful for many trials of various kinds.

The bike spin class instructor just said, "your legs are going to burn with this one, that's a good thing." Respectfully, she kind of reminds me of Nellie from the Olson family from Little House on the Prairie. (We're watching that in our car these days.)

"If you don't feel the burn, add on on some tension! This is your work-out! Try not to die inbetween. You guys ready for some more?" The blond hair and everything. Oh, but the instructor is nice. Really.

From James "...for the proving of your faith which is more valuable than pure gold."

"Don't die on me guys! You've got another ten minutes if solid work!"

The music in the background says,"I don't think I can make it on my own...Is it pain that makes you real? Take another piece of me."

It is so good not to try to make it in my own. The Lord is good and He is able to do immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine. He is teaching me to receive His love. Things are happening that I can not see that are best for me. As John the Baptist says, "He must increase. I must decrease." Okay Lord, abide with me.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 5:20 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

I've done the same thing with my blog and now I highlight and press control 'c' after every paragraph 'just in case'!

Funny you mentioned Little House on the Prairie and Nellie! My son and I are watching and reading that right now for homeschool literature/history/social studies! Small world!

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving that kind message...this was my response:

An Ordinary Christian~ Thanks! I so needed to hear that today...waiting on responses from publishers gets tiresome and leads to self-doubt. I've been trying to occupy myself with sending out proposals to new publishers, thinking about the next book (which has a good start thusfar), and blogging.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I can so identify with "I don't think I can make it on my own...Is it pain that makes you real? Take another piece of me."

In my life, I've got through some crises and traumas, yet it is surely during the painful times that God is so real to me!

I can so see that the Lord is abiding with you already Andrea! Will keep you in prayers my dear friend.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

AMEN!!!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home