Thursday, November 03, 2005

Part 2: (Got to read part 1 yesterday to understand this.) We laughed about it...


...but there was awkwardness and the laugh was a little too much, sort of like the pressure of steam when a lid is lifted off boiling water on the stove.

My husband asked me, "Did I forget that paperwork in the house? Can you check for me?"

I told him, "Yesterday I was doing that sort of forgetting and I realized at that time that my concentration wasn't all there."

Then the laugh exchange came. It wasn't funny. It was a mutual understanding, a meeting of the minds and of the overlapping experience that yeah, I could really have, like cancer.

Last night I pulled out my 1980's pathology medical school textbook that I retrieve from a high shelf from time to time. I checked out a couple things on the internet also.

I could just blow the whole thing off. After all, the doctor did say, "less than ten percent chance" of having cancer. But then there are those other nagging symptoms that I hadn't thought anything about, but as I read about symptoms and risk factors, the picture seems like it is filling in.

The good news is that there is no reason to believe that IF there was a cancer that it wasn't in the early stages and if that is the case, it is 90 percent curable with a hysterectomy alone. Life will go on. And it will be good. God will use this. He already is.

I tend to get ahead of myself. Can you tell? Tomorrow is our family meeting with the social worker regarding the adoption.. I will remember that God's timing really IS perfect and best.

z

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 1:36 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." May God's rich blessings be with you continually in this time of change.

I know what you mean by getting ahead of youself. I do that all the time too. Yes His timing is all perfect!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

11 Cor. 2:9 God's grace is sufficient for you, for His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Grace enables us to face our situations and overcome them.

God’s help is always sufficient no matter what circumstances we face. Our weakness and inability to handle circumstances becomes the occasion for Him to more fully demonstrate His strength. We can rejoice in our infirmities because they cause us to turn to Christ and experience His power in our lives.

So now let us rejoice because He is working things out for our good.

I will be excited to hear how the adoption is going. Are you getting both boys?

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home