Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Leave to thy God, to order and provide"


Okay, so last night on my home phone message machine I get a message that Luke, our social worker for the family meeting has to cancel again because he is still sick.

Yesterday I counted back how long it took for the medical group to determine my original pap smear results: 3 weeks.

This morning as my mind was waking up, I hear the words from the song yesterday from somewhere in my mind: "Leave to thy God, to order and provide."

This morning I felt as though I had to pray and do my little journal entry thing that I developed from the "Experiencing God" book. By the end of my quiet time, I realized that God is keeping everything on His plate. By the time I number my prayer requests from 1-9 they are outdated. I don't have a sense of ground beneath my feet because He wants to be in control. If Jesus, while He was on earth did nothing except according to the leading of the Father, what am I to do? Nothing. I need to LEAVE to my God to ORDER and PROVIDE.

This morning during quiet time I looked out my window and saw two ducks swimming past on the lake. Aflack and Bilbo we named them last Spring. In 1985, I earnestly desired to one day live on a lake with ducks. Did God put that desire in my heart, to hope and dream for it and to see how He enabled us to have this house and then did He have those two ducks swim by at just that moment this morning to remind me of His faithfulness, not only from the Spring when I saw them last but from 20 years ago when He put that silly, but very real dream in my heart? Who is our God? Is He the Creator and Restorer of dreams? Yet, what are earthly dreams? Are they not passing away? Are not our treasures in heaven? Oh, the great mystery and wonder of our God. Great is Thy faithfulness, mercy and provision. Oh God, order and provide in Your wisdom and faithfulness. I leave my cares inThy hands.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:28 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly my sentiments. you read my mind.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home