Saturday, February 18, 2006


Today the Lord comforted me about two things today (that I won't go into but I've blogged about beforea) that weigh on my mind. These verses and thoughts helped to put things into perspective:

"Mary has chosen the best way and it will not be taken from her" (When Martha scolded Jesus to have Mary help her with all the preparations, but she instead was listening at Jesus' feet at all He was saying.)

And, "I will not leave you nor forsake you" (Jesus/God tells us)

And, "He will not give you more than you are able to bear." (Letter from Paul)

And I thought about how God has never left me without a home, has never left me without my husband (for long-maybe some hours were desperately hopeless), never left me pennyless, never left me hungry (yet I grab for food like I may not get another meal - how disrespectful to God's provision that is).

I read about how foolish it is to invent things in our minds about what might happen, when it hasn't happened.

I think the best thing that I have learned over recent weeks is just to wake up and thank God that "thus far the Lord has helped me."

Jesus said that each day had enough trouble for itself, why worry about tomorrow?

So I will rest in Him. I will cast my cares upon His back. His yoke is easy and his burden is light.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 10:50 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

...and he will not give you more than you are able to bear....

i so needed to read this post. all of your post are so encouraging and inspirational...

thank you for your recent comment on my blog. i am indeed going to start doing some reading. i have been backsliding and doubting myself far to much again.

if only i could learn to stop taking everything on by myself... if only i could begin to trust again... i remain afraid.


your friend,

kerry

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

This post brings me a lot of peace because it's basically about relaxing in Christ. It's true, he provides us with all we need and yet sometimes we get anxious and want our prayers answered NOW. His timing is best. I look back and thank God He waited to answer my prayers, especially when it came to my husband, because I needed to grow in faith and in my relationship with Christ first so I could better help and understand the changes in my husband. (Did that make any sense?)

Anyway, OC, thank you for being there. You have a lot of insight!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

resting in Him each day at a time, knowing that He will provide for us is what we should be doing on a daily basis. sometimes we worry but we have to remind ourselves about His provisions and that He will not forsake us.

you said something about "...how foolish it is to invent things in our minds about what might happen, when it hasn't happened." i do this often and it drains me so much. i know i should stop doing this. learning to have faith in Him who is faithful is the key to our freedom.

God bless.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I also have a tendency to 'invent' things in my mind about what might happen, when it hasn't happened. May God help us to just live one day at a time.

10:16 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Shall we try to think about good thoughts only?

Our Lord had blessed us with so many good things.
Praise Him!

10:28 PM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Lovley...our sermon on Sunday was about "Count it all joy..." He will not tempt you beyond what you are able.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home