Wednesday, February 08, 2006

An undivided heart sees the impossible


Yesterday I meditated on this verse from Psalms: "Teach me Your ways, oh Lord; Give me an undivided heart that I might fear Thee."

That is what I need. An undivided heart. It is because of my divided heart that I have anxiety. It is because of my divided heart that I worry waht others may think instead of what God wants me to do. It is because I have a divided heart that I don't just rest in God's provision.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. An undivided heart gives us fear of God which is the beginning of making wise choices and thinking in a wise manner and doing wise things. Caring what God wants and being concerned about not following Him wholeheartedly.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for carrying my burdens today. Please give me an undivided heart that I may discern Your will for me, that I may walk in You best path for me, that I may dwell in that place of rest and peace, secure in You bosom and free from entanglements. Give glory to Yourself. Amen.

The other thing that I thought about yesterday was a verse from a sermon that I had written down and then I re-read it yesterday and it stuc with me. "What God wants to do in your life is impossible for you to do."

Yes, I want God to do the impossible in my life. When God is doing the impossible in my life, that is going to cause me anxiety, because life Peter, I am spiritually walking on the water. So I see God doing all kinds of things around me, not even from me, but around me, from others in my family, and I don't have control. I have never receieved the feeling of others doing things in a way that helps me. I mean to say that I don't receive that type of blessing. I have always been in control. When I pray, and I see God work, I can see what He is doing. Just having God do the impossible around and in the people I love in my family, and me just resting and receiving what He is doing, the impossible things that He is holding together, is a new experience for me. An experience that I want to feel, that I want to do and participate in.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the impossible that You want to do and are doing in me life and through others who love You. Lord, help me to receive the love and kind things that others have for me, while at the same time, trusting You and keeping my eyes on You. Expand my heart to become the person that You want me to be. Help my family members to walk upon the water. Help me to rest among them in doing so, in participating in You great works. Glorify You name. Hold us together in the things that You are doing. Bless the prayers from the other day. Amen.

Well, hope there are no typos, cause I gotta go and will publish this now.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:20 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Ileana said...

The first part of this post reminded me of the song, "Audience of One." I really believe a life lived for God is a life well lived. It doesn't matter what others think; if it's right with God, it's right.

Did I mention I love your template? It's fun to visit! I'll be back again...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Oh how I long to have an undivided heart too, but so often my heart is divided into so many things. Let's pray for each other Andrea.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Today is my first year blogging anniversary. Just wanted to say thanks for being my blogging buddy.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

I really admire your faith and determined efforts to have a personal relationship with God. I'm working on it but not as far down the path. The bad habit I have fallen into is coming to God when times are difficult, and when things are going well, my priorities are wrong. I'm trying!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home