Monday, January 30, 2006

The Blues and the Good News - and a late hour update


What would it be like to row across the Pacific Ocean? Do you ever feel like you are rowing across a vast wide open sea? The waves come and sometimes they crash upon us, but we row still. The night comes and we row. The day comes as we row. We rest and sleep and while we sleep we dream of rowing. We row, row, row and row.

"Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King,
Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King,
Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, we're going to see the King!

No more sorrow there, we are going to see the King,
No more sorrow there, we are going to see the King,
No more sorrow there, we are going to see the King,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, we're going to see the King!"

Though for a little while we work and toil,
Though through our tears we can not see
Though we grow weary and faint,
We don't give up
Our Lord lifts us up,
He carries us
Other times we walk along side
But day by day and set by step
He is leading us
up the golden staircase
to His city in the sky
where we will see Him face to face
and where all our cares will be erased
where our lessons learned will be rich with fruit
where heavens will declare the goodness of God
where there will be no more sorrow
where there will be no more tears
where there will be no more dark clouds
or wondering why
or questions unanswered
or agony felt.

"Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King,
Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King,
Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, we're going to see the King!"

P.S. Yeah, I'm fine, just feeling like writing and singing some blues!

ADDENDUM: Okay -- it is now about fifteen hours later. Got through the day. Super Glue on the fingers and everything. As I went through the day, I thought about so many things that I want to write about. So many things. But there isn't time right now. That was another thing that I thought about today, time. It sure is passing. 50k on the odometer, almost 7 years in the new house, daughter almost 16 and son 14, and the last two right behind.

If I had a few hours right now, I would write about:
-How my heart has been aching for my 14 year old son, and how hard it is to let him grow up, but how I know that God is with him and turning him into His man.
-How difficult it is to see the new furniture arrive in my home. How difficult it is to see the walls transformed into beautiful colors. How difficult it is to see the lovely birds and plants outside my door, because I am so undeserving and I can't believe the Lord has blessed us so much. A part of me wants to say, "take it all back - I am unworthy." Well, most of me wants to say that. It is hard to honor it, to recieve it with a "thank you very much," and be gracious about it.
-How anxious I am to go and visit my two older children for several days in Kentucky this Wednesday. How I am scared about potential bickering, about their wanting stuff, about my not being able to "control" them and about how I am not supposed to "control" them, but to be with them. Oh, how I want it to go well.
-How amazing it is to go to my Bible Study and enjoy and get to know the people there, but to realize how little I know them and how little they know me, and how much I know some people in blog land and how much they know me, and to realize that God is building His church right here, across the world by way of the internet.
-How there is so much I have to do, but I am just deciding not to worry about it.
-How really hard it is for me to let my husband be my husband and like, buy stuff for the house that I don't think we can afford, and to not nag or try to rule over him, or how he should run the finances, and how afraid I am about the way that he does it, and how I would do it differently, but to "let the lead dog lead," and God will bless me for that and will enable him to learn and grow and be successful as a man who is responsible for and cares about his household and family.
-How I have learned that God does speak to His people through the Bible, prayer, circumstances and His church, but just like any of God's creations, we don't worship the created thing, or get distracted or side-tracked by it. Signs and wonders do happen, but we are not to turn our eye to them, but to stay focused upon God Almighty. We don't get wrapped up in the beauty of a tree, for example and worship it.
-How our hearts are an eternal thing that God is growing and shaping for His eternal purposes. To "let go and let God" is a great and courageous thing and we who let God shape and mold and have our fearful hearts will be rewarded with wonderful eternal blessings.
-That I am trusting the Lord with all of my heart, and it is first of all a fearful thing to do, and that I don't always know exactly what I am doing. I feel like I am driving in the fog. I see faintly, but I keep praying and I love His word, and trust in Him.
-That it is important to love your husband and respect him. That is a basic that is repeated from the beginning in the Bible and throughout the Bible, yet we forget about it, minimize it and refuse to do it.
-That I really want God to bless me and my family. That I want God to express Himself through my family in such a way, that wise and spiritual discerning people would say, as they did to Abraham, "God is with you in whatever you do," and that God would extend His grace to us and do that. That God would make a great man out of my husband to do that which only God could do, and even he would be amazed at the great love and grace of our Lord Jesus, and that his love for Him would grow and abound and he would grasp in significant measure, that great love of God over him.

Those are some of the things I thought about today.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:52 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

The blues sounds good Andrea ;)
Yeah would love to see the King soon too.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

write and sing until your hearts content!

*smiles*

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Your new picture is great dear!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

taps, taps, taps...

*smiles* i just thought i would stop by and say hi!

i hope you are well!

your friend,

kerry

7:57 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Andrea, the site looks fabulous and Eddie could definately change the eye color. Glad you are enjoying the site!!

I could really feel this post. We are so undeserving and I sometimes feel guilty at being so blessed, especially when it seems like money is spent when it is something not so necessary but just to enjoy.

9:45 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

God has blessed us so much.
To God be the glory!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home