Monday, January 23, 2006

Who can know the mind of the Lord or be His counselor?


I worked at the hospital most of the weekend. Yesterday was hard at times and good at times. Over a lunch break I sat in my car and wrote a poem and cried to the Lord. I put make-up back on twice that day, but all was good. Later I had a realization about how I jump to assumptions. I think the devil likes to set things up and then we make assumptions and I go a million miles an hour.

Let me back up a little. The poem was about how I need God and love Him but how I don't understand Him and how I can not live up to His ways, but I need Him to come and help me and about how He is always there for me and is my hope. Actually I wrote a poem before lunch also, and one at lunch. The one before lunch has a line in it something about being like the dust of a piece of wood that was ground down and blown all around (vivid, hugh?). The second poem had a line in it something like, "I am a million scattered pennies waiting to become a dollar bill."

God is my hope and my dream but sometimes I don't understand Him. I learned though, as I was saying, when I realized an assumption that I made yesterday, and it was like the Lord showed me, "See how you just assumed that? I didn't tell you that." I made the assumption because I had been praying the night before about something, and then something happened the next day, and I just assumed that that was God who answered the prayer, but actually I just rushed in and put two and two together. But two and two do not always make four in the eyes of the Lord because He works in mysterious ways and He works in ways that we do not see.

Last night I had a really nice evening with some homework that I did with my daughter. Also over the weekend I had such a good conversation with my oldest daughter. We are going on a trip together for two weeks, Lord willing, later this spring.

One of the things that I was sad about yesterday is how my children are growing up and I miss the time that they were babies, or at least younger. I find every moment with my nine-soon-to-be-ten-year-old so precious, because he is still a kid and there is still that beautiful innocence and carefree nature about him. And his love for his mother is just so simple and right there.

Well, that's it for today - march on!

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:56 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I know what you mean. My youngest is still only four, and he doesn't mind being my baby. He always tells the other kids, "I'm Momma's baby." I love to cuddle him, because the others have grown up too fast.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

My baby is 12. She seems to have a complete knowledge of how important her role as the baby is to me. She doesn't seem to mind occupying that space, and I am thankful. My eldest is almost 16 and I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. Physically, he changed from a boy to a man in such a short time -- I think he grew a foot in less than a year! One thing I've learned through all of this -- as big as they seem compared to their siblings (or to themselves a month prior!)they are not really all that big yet. They still need us to be their Mommy even though they walk the walk and talk the talk of the big kids.

Thanks for your kind comments regarding the death of my grandfather. I appreciate your input!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

You have such a big heart!

4:36 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

You're very blessed to have a joyful family, Andrea :)
Thank God for our children.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

so are you going to share the peoms with us?

Soon your 'babies' will grow up and make you a grandma...and the cycle continues. you have little ones to nurture again!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home