Friday, January 20, 2006

What is too hard for God?


Genesis 18:14 asks, "Is anything too hard for God?" And of course it isn't. Nothing is too hard for God. The "great miracle that you have been praying for can be yours today," the TV preacher says as I turn the channel. (Enough hype already.)

Yes, God can do anything and nothing is impossible with Him and believers lives are so blessed by Him. When I read that today, I said to God, "Are you trying to kill me?" I had to respond to that verse in a Bible Study question before me. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick."

I cried and said to God, "I know that nothing is impossible for You, and You can bring another son to me anytime that You want, but can You get me through this day with my attitude right? Can you help my countenance be good, when I am mad at some certain people and be nice to them? Can You help me eat the way that I should? Can you help me at work get the things I need to get done today in a good manner? Can you help me with the four people who are coming to my house to remodel, repair and clean and help that actually go according to plan? I know that You can do whatever You want and intend with whatever You want to do - if You want to bring my husband and I more children, but can You make this day go right now, be with me now in my mood and disposition?" What is too hard for God? Nothing. Not even my cares for this day.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:04 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

if i may,

what is too hard for God?

i would like to think that GOD has a hard time watching HIS children, suffer, this is hard for HIM. but, being our rightous and knowledgable Father, HE knows we must find our own way. So, although it is extremely hard for Him to watch us fall, He lets us live...

Respectfully,

Kerry

6:05 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Hey, girlfriend...I dunno....sounds like you need an infusion of endorphins....spinning class and less carbs.

With God, everything is already finished, but you have to accept the gift.

See what you choose to do with what He gives you, is up to you.

In other words, God has already taken away the spirit of fear. Do you choose to rebuke the fear or embrace it?

God has already taken the anxiety. Do you choose to rebuke it or embrace it?

See what I mean! I'm praying!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing is too hard for Him. nothing is impossible with Him. but i get you, sis. you are always in my prayers.

God bless.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home