Monday, January 09, 2006

Believe


Lord, Thou art my God and there is no other. There is no other God on earth or in heaven besides You. You have been my only friend from the beginning. Others may say that they are my friend, or want to be my friend, but they can not be my friend, for you alone are good. They are my friends because You are my friend and You are in them, even those that do not know You. You work in them to effect good upon the earth. You are the source of everything good and right and true. You are the only means of peace and goodness and strength. I worship you. I let myself be caught up in you. I abide in You. I stay in you. I hang alongside You. I am with You. And then where I go, there You will also be.

Jesus, it was so beautiful where I read in the Bible yesterday when you said, "Don't be afraid, just believe." It reminded me of those three prayer requests that You gave me through the fasting experience - not to worry but to trust and obey. I thought about how “trust and obey” is the same as “believe”. Believing is the same as faith. Faith is to trust and obey. I thought about how, when we do believe, we are not worrying at that time. We only do one or the other at a particular moment in time. Therefore, all can be summarized as BELIEVE.

So Lord, I believe. I believe You. You are good and You are for me. I believe whatever Your Spirit tells me at one particular moment in time to do. I believe that You are working out everything good for me on my behalf.

When I believe, I am worshipping You. I am abiding in You, resting in You, being still in You.

I want to thank You, Lord, for walking with me. I also want to thank You for the many tremendous blessings that You have bestowed upon me, upon my family, and upon my head. Mostly of course for Your blood and forgiveness, but also the contentment to be pleased in any situation. But at this time I thank You for the bountiful harvest of material goods that You have given me. I am so undeserving of Your grace that You have given me. They have practically been forced upon me, as my husband has purchased these things, but so have I. However, You have not swept them away, but have sustained us in them and have blessed us with more. I feel humbled in Your goodness and the beauty all around me that I see. I don't think that I would have chosen these things for myself. Because I feel and actually am so undeserving, I don't want to do things that will cause me to lose them because I somehow, in my flesh feel like I don't deserve them so I make poor choices to get rid of them from my life.

I want to be a good steward of what You have given to this family. Lord, the house is being decorated and all around me is such beauty and blessing, everything from the birds outside the house to the children inside, to the quiet temper of my husband to the peaceful spirit inside my heart.

I really enjoy the color of the walls, the prospect of the stained glass and the hope of the painted animals. Lord, enable us to have the time and the cooperation and ability in You to enable this house to be sustained in beauty and in cleanliness. May peace be upon this house in great measure as a testimony of the presence of You Lord. May the rooms be filled with gladness. May the structure of the house be sustained physically. May all the structural repairs be found and fixed simply while the home is still under warranty, and may there not be abnormal problems later.

Lord, this week, Crystal said that she wants to make a decision regarding the placement of Matt. I remember what You said, "Don't be afraid, just believe." Then You raised someone from the dead, when You said those words in the New Testament. What do You want to do in this situation?

I feel so weak, not knowing how to believe. I think I believe. I think that You are going to be giving Matt to us. I think that You called me, called this family from afar off to get Matt and become His family. I think that, if that is so, You have allowed and even orchestrated certain difficulties in Matt's life to have occurred to delay the time that He would be adopted (in years past) so that he could come into our family at this time. It was not possible for us to adopt him in years past. That wasn't the right time. This is the right time. So yes, I believe, but help my unbelief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I to believe? What do You want me to believe? What is Your spirit saying to me? Be still and know I am God. But what does that mean Lord? Be still. And know I am God. Okay, take my hand, Lord.

Oh, Lord, go with me go. Stay with me stay. Let me feel Your presence in me. Let me be swept away by Your mercies. Let me be absorbed by Your beauty. Let me be obsessed with Your intrigue. Let me be naked in Your presence, yet clothed with all majesty and glory, abiding in the Risen Savor, my Lord and my Christ, my Atonement forever.

And be with Samantha Lord, and Kayleigh., and Anthony and Chuck Sr. Oh, Lord, what are You doing there? Continue Your work there, and everywhere I look, like a great open sea, may Your glory be spreading all around me, through everything I can see and where ever I may look. “While we look not at the things that are seen, but the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are temporary but the things that are unseen are eternal.”

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:07 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for those words.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

I can sooo see your trust and obey in your words. Your faith and belief in God is certainly pleasing to HIM, and an encouragement to me personally. Thank you Andrea. Many Blessings to you.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

God bless you, my friend!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home