Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006


Happy New Year! IT is finally 2006 in California! I think Kitty had the New Year about a week ago, anyway.

Here are my "resolutions":

I really want to eat according to God’s calling and leading. Is that possible? I want to exercise in His strength and according to His leading and guiding. Is that possible? I want to write when He tells me to write and how HE tells me to write, about many exciting and insightful and even funny things, that HE would even say through me. I want to go where He says, come when He calls. I want to submit to my husband, and serve my children, my older children the way that Abraham served Lot. I want to have opportunities to fast, and that He would sustain me through that and do great things through that opportunity. I want to love patients the way that Christ would. I want to wait for His timing. To speak only when HE says. I want His wisdom to fill me. I want to feel more deeply the things of God and of laughter. I want to appreciate wisdom and speak it and kindness more readily. I want to be possessed by Jesus Christ more fully. I want to consider everything else in this world loss. I want to live an authentic Christian life. When I am discouraged I want to have Christ’s reality in me that Christ’s truth is the light that sustains through any darkness. I want to avail myself to whatever radical thing that God wants to do in my life. I want to lay down my life for Him and not to worry about the things that HE is taking care of. I want God to take care of my finances, my husband, my children’s walk with the Lord, with the adoption, with the time that I am able to work and the times that I am not able to work, with missing meetings that I may need to miss. I want to rely on God and I want Him to do great things through my family and through me. When God looks upon me I want Him to see and remember and have mercy upon this family unit. I want Him to fulfill Himself through this family, to have His way with us. I want this family to see that the book of ACTS is the ordinary way of Christianity. That my children, even because of my faith, and my husband, would think great things of God to be just regular things that happen. I would like for my kids to see that they are called by God for a great purpose in their lives, and that if God has called them , then HE will do it. And that God would flow His living waters through this home in Elk Grove, California, and He would protect us from disease, food, earthquake, financial disaster, problems with society or reputation and He would be our guiding light, our shield, our bulwark (What is that Bonnie? It came to mind and I don’t have time to look it up. Did I use that in the right context? I think so, so I’ll go on.) God bless us Lord. Oh, and I want to memorize more Scripture and speak more Scripture, live more Scripture. Live more of Him. “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:25 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Corry said...

That is a wonderful list of resolutions!

I know for me, resolutions will stay wants if I don't commit to them, just another bunch of good intentions. And I know, the road to hell is paved with those! It's the first step though and I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me.

May God bless y'all this year and we pray for you tomorrow!
Keep us posted, please.

God's Grace.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm very hopeful for this year. i'd like to serve God more. like now, i do children's registration for kid's church.

may you be blessed more this year, andrea. luv yah!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Haha i think Melbourne is only a day ahead of California ;)

Wow you have so many resolutions - and they are all God-centred. Pray that God will guide you in committing and living them out practically.

God be with you in your meeting on Monday (your time).

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home