Friday, December 16, 2005

A Child Given


I wrote this September 16, 2005, but I'll write it out here today, as a prayer, as unto - submitted to - the Lord's will. Oh, next week my family and I will be enjoying a week of skiing. I may be able to post and visit though. But if I don't, that's where I'll be. God bless yall. Oh, I should update yall (my new favorite word that I've used twice in my life so far). I never called Crystal. (See last previous blog entry.) She never called me back. "Be still and know He is God." "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding." God knows the plans that He has for me and they are good. God will fulfill the purpose He has for my life. He is God Almighty - the Lord of Hosts and the Lord of all compassion. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Is anything too hard for God? Oh, and Happy Holidays - just kidding! Merry Christmas! (I'm sending out cards late this year - they may be coming in March - that will be so cute (I'm serious).

Like Peter and John,
no money in their pockets
only Your purpose in their souls -
by Your might
You made Your chosen ones whole.
My pockets are empty
my strength is done,
perform Your work through me
until Your purpose is done.
Let me watch from afar
Your great mighty hand,
With a look and a nod
Your will is what stands.
"Arise and make whole,"
I exclaim from within -
the depths of my heart,
the peading of my soul,
the cry of this mother
-desires to see You mold
a son to my bosom,
a son I never knew,
a son who cries out,
a son who needs You.
"Who dost cry for them?"
Your holy Word does say,
I cry for him
bring him home this day.
For You planned it long ago
Your purpose will always stand,
-this idea did not begin with me
but like a bird from far away
I have been called
and I must go.
I am responsible.
It is an honor I now know
so bring it to completion
that just like long ago,
Peter and John needed no money
for the Lord is Who calls and saves,
He does make us whole.
Go forth in power today
make Your name great
- for all to see,
add to this Mama's fold,
a child given to me.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 8:17 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger sile.wang said...

Merry Christmas!

Welcome my blog:
http://sile-epin.blogspot.com/

8:57 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

What a beautiful prayer. May God bless and keep you all on your trip and a very Merry Christmas to you all! ;-)

12:38 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Check this out - Sile's site above is from China, or so it seems. I'll check out my hit list to double check. I asked him is he was allowed to talk about Jesus.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

May God bless y'all and keep you safe and give you what you ask for:-)

Merry Christmas.

God's Grace.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Such a lovely prayer Andrea. A child will be given to you - trust in the Lord.

Have a blessed Christmas and a great time skiing.

Love,
Kitty

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home