Friday, December 09, 2005


Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the honor of being sustained through prayer by people I don't really know, both at my Bible Study and through this blog site, and also through my friends that I know better. It is Your love that I feel. Thank You for Your encouraging words. Like the same verse that my friend told me about - the "weight of eternal glory" on the same day that You gave me that verse already that day. And the "consider it pure joy" verse. And the lessons on faith, and enjoying your day in the midst of problems and situations. You speak through prayer, Your word, Your church and circumstances.

Thank You for Romans 10:11 and the truth that when we trust in You, You never put us to shame, and we will never be put to shame for trusting in You, for looking to You, for wanting to do Your will, even though we are only learning how to hear You better, how to walk with You more closely.

Thank you last night at my child's Christian school performance, when the principal announced that the purpose for the night was to honor You and Your birth. I wanted to hoot and holler like people do at a football game, or at least clap, but nobody clapped then, but I did in my heart and the angels did and You did. Oh, how You are humble and meek. Let me learn from You.

Lord, I realized last night that You have changed me over these months. I am a different person. I care more deeply. I am held by Your hand. Also, thank you for showing me, that I have given You everything that I have, or can think of that I have, and have laid it at Your feet - things that I can't control anyway, but I know that You can take care of those things. Things that are unreasonable to try not to contol, except I know they are safest in Your hands. Though I fail, though I am weak, though I am of sin, Your faithfulness and sufficiency are everlasting and complete. Thank You for teaching me not to overplan my day and my life, although that is a struggle for me.

Help me to walk in the light that You have given me, for You do not hide Your plan from us, though surprises You have in store - but help me to walk where You want me to, when You want me to, how You want me to, without struggling or fainting. Enable my legs to be firm and steadfast like the deer on the heights. And from that mountain's edge, to see all the things You want me to see, like Mary who pondered and treasured all the things of Jesus in her heart. Be with all the people who are praying with me, to provide for them a great blessing both now and for eternity. Be with Matt, and Brent, and with all my blessed children. Thank You for the ministry of being a wife and mother, and I get to be a doctor and a friend too. But the biggest blessing is to worship You. A worshipper of Jesus. That is who I should see myself as, Your worshipper. You fill me with love and an intoxicant that flys me into outer space. You are my Great Love. Thank You and go with me now.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 7:17 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

That was just beautiful. You sound so peaceful today. I've been praying for that, for you!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home