Saturday, December 03, 2005

Let this be pithy, oh Lord.


Well, I want this to be shorter than my other recent entries. I fear the dread as an individual or two opens my pages to see line after line of commentary like the New York Times rather than USA Today. Not even any pictures. And no cartoons? Well, maybe the servants will come (His servants) and may they receive something from the Master; (amen).

Yesterday I had the opportunity to pray and I want to remember and capture what I think God was perhaps trying to communicate to me. I'm not sure, but I will write down what I think, and then see if it seems confirmed by how Blackaby says that God communicates to His people: through His word, prayer, circumstances and the church. I think those are the four ways that He cites in His book, "Experiencing God."

Oh my. I feel a sermon coming on. And I'm trying to be brief. How can I boil this down. Like this:

I think that God wants to use me, yes, but that He really is going to be using my family. Or the emphasis in yesterday's prayer was that He would be using my family. David wanted to build a house for God and God said that it was good that he wanted to do that, but nevertheless, Solomon would build the house. David still did all kinds of preparations for the future building. God was faithful and fulfilled His commitment to build the temple through Solomon. Solomon remembered how God chose to build the house through him, that it was something He commited to his father, David.

Okay, God. So, I think that I need to press on with the preparations, as David heard Your voice, what Your plans were. He went on in Your vision for the temple and Your vision came to pass. Lord, grant me Your vision for my family. Oh, give me six children, oh Lord and let them all walk in Your faithfulness and fruitfulness forever! Let me be the mother with kindness and wisdom on her tongue (Prov 31). Let these children be like arrows from my husband and I, our side. Establish and protect them from an early age. Let none fall. And though we all faulter, let them rise again quickly, and let their faultering be used for immediate and tremendous learning that they may stand in righteousness and boldness before You, before Your throne of grace, upon their faces, in humilty before You forever, receiving help in time of need, which is ALWAYS. Amen.

God bless you readers! May you know His blessing upon this reading at this time.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:26 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Today as I was reading your post, I was thinking how our home is our first ministry. We can get caught up in everything else, but God wants our home in order first and you truly have your home where it needs to be. I know God sees the desires of your heart and He knows the plans He has for you, plans to bless and not to curse, plans for a future and a hope.

I am so glad we can trust in Him and not be afraid, for He is working out all things for our good. I pray a special blessing on your household today. May God surround your home and loved ones with ministering angels, may you feel His love and His presence as never before and may He bless you with love, Joy, Peace and Hope. Your steps are ordered of the Lord, I pray your eyes are open to what He wants you to see and your ears are open so you may hear His voice.

May God bless and keep you as you continue to use this blog as a voice to those who will hear the good news and the truths He has set before you. In the name of His son, Jesus, Amen and Amen!!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

God bless you 'writer' hehe....oh how I love your blog, and I can so see you being the mother / wife with kindness and wisdom in your writing, like the woman in Proverb 31.

I am convinced that God is using you (and your family) for His glory already!

Bless you heaps.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Well, I know God said to go forth and multiply.....but six! God bless you my child!

I drew the line at one!

See, that's already an example of the life and ministry, the Lord has set before you. You are fabulous as a mom....I would have taken the bridge years ago.....and a Dr. to boot! Yikes!

Truly your cup of blessings runneth over!

P.S. I don't think you could ever write a short post, but don't. I love reading them.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

What are you doing up so late, you've got to get up early. It's 11:48 Pm

Where's your e-mail address?

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a blessing! when God calls you to do something, He will equip you with everything you need to accomplish the task.

God bless you, andrea.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home