Monday, December 12, 2005

Destiny's appointment


Circus sounds
as the train parades through town
Dogs in the village bark
but the train marches on
to its destination
onto its purpose
the circus is coming through town
and no matter how the dogs bark
their sounds echo and distract
the train is going forth
onto its destination
onto victory's celebration
onto the show that is prime-time live
onto eternity's appointment
the fulfillment of destiny
the riches of glory
newness of life and
Christ Himself before me.
So I won't get distracted
I won't steer off course
I won't worry about the weather
because I'm not going alone.
Christ Himself is my Light
He is my Faithful Guide.
He is holding my hand,
holding the flashlight,
He made the road,
He's got the map.
He knows the end from the beginning
He's got the presents wrapped.
Christ my King
is doing this for me
because He loves me
because He is working everything out for my good
because He is my Bridegroom
and He is for me.
So trust Him I will
Onward I will go
Looking to Him alone
The crown of my eternal soul.

posted by An Ordinary Christian | 9:37 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

This is such a beautiful and meaningful poem Andrea. Did you write it?

5:44 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Our prayers are with y'all.

God's Grace.

5:44 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Yes Kitty. Thanks. Thanks Corry.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home